axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I am cold calling med supps this morning. I came across a few people already that want to go with UHC, and when I tried to make an appt to sign them up, they just said "I would rather do it my self online"

I try to remind them the importance of having an agent their for them; help with billing, ability to help save money on prescription drugs etc..
But they often still say no.

What are some of the things you say to overcome these objections?

I am cold calling med supps this morning. I came across a few people already that want to go with UHC, and when I tried to make an appt to sign them up, they just said "I would rather do it my self online"

I would try to get them online with you FIRST, so you can show them all of the companies available. Don't ever let them believe you're a one-trick pony. The independence is what we push, to much success. When they can see all of the companies side-by-side on your screen share, you can further show them about you, your company, and how you will (should) be there for them at EVERY renewal to make absolutely sure they get the best deal each year.

We replace UHC all the time from folks that responded to their direct mail or did it themselves, online. These folks have stayed with the company with no personal advocacy by an independent agent, to the tune of paying $50+ per month more than they should, three+ years later. This is the type of story I would tell them.

Also, remind them that your services are paid by the insurance companies and your advice and advocacy on their behalf costs them nothing. They just will continue to need someone to look out for their needs each and every year so that they do not have to become an expert in Medicare and the ever-changing market.

I would try to get them online with you FIRST, so you can show them all of the companies available. Don't ever let them believe you're a one-trick pony. The independence is what we push, to much success. When they can see all of the companies side-by-side on your screen share, you can further show them about you, your company, and how you will (should) be there for them at EVERY renewal to make absolutely sure they get the best deal each year.

We replace UHC all the time from folks that responded to their direct mail or did it themselves, online. These folks have stayed with the company with no personal advocacy by an independent agent, to the tune of paying $50+ per month more than they should, three+ years later. This is the type of story I would tell them.

Also, remind them that your services are paid by the insurance companies and your advice and advocacy on their behalf costs them nothing. They just will continue to need someone to look out for their needs each and every year so that they do not have to become an expert in Medicare and the ever-changing market.

what do you mean by "get them online with you first"?
If your referring to a website, I don't have one...maybe I should get one.

what do you mean by "get them online with you first"?
If your referring to a website, I don't have one...maybe I should get one.

No, you don't need a website. I mean get them on a screen share with you. This is very easy to do, if they have e-mail. You simply send them a link to the screenshare and BAM! They can see everything you're showing them on your screen. You can build trust, show quotes, and enroll them right on their screen. They LOVE this level of interaction.

You can see more of what I'm talking about in this post:
http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/senior-insurance-forum/brand-new-few-questions-regarding-medsupps-t43661.html#post633252

Some companies provide agents websites where they can enroll people. Is this an option and also (as mentioned) do a desktop sharing session with them right there and enroll them online with you as their agent?

Back