Signatures

May seem like a minor point, but related to the topic of the new design, when will the state flags return? This may seem like a non-issue but when someone poses a question where the answer is state specific, knowing their home state can be a help.

For now, we added the textual field of states and it shows underneath the avatars. I will check into adding the flags.

Hi Rick,

Yes as @BADTROUT mentioned, there's a setting for it on User CP
https://insurance-forums.com/community/account/preferences
Is the default for it not to show? If so, that does not seem very logical.

How does a member know that signatures even exist if they are defaulted not to show? How do they know there is even something to turn on?

It seems like this is the first step the forum is taking to slowly eliminate the signatures. Turning them off for everyone... the exact opposite of the old forum... makes it seem like they want them gone. New members wont know they exist. Old members dont like having to make changes to their profile... especially when we dont know where half the pages are to make those changes. jmo

Is the default for it not to show? If so, that does not seem very logical.

How does a member know that signatures even exist if they are defaulted not to show? How do they know there is even something to turn on?

It seems like this is the first step the forum is taking to slowly eliminate the signatures. Turning them off for everyone... the exact opposite of the old forum... makes it seem like they want them gone. New members wont know they exist. Old members dont like having to make changes to their profile... especially when we dont know where half the pages are to make those changes. jmo

You're right.
Thanks for pointing it out. The setting was set incorrectly as we never planned to remove them

Now all the signatures are shown by default, while you may select to remove them in your Preferences area

I have a checkmark in the box to show signatures and I still am not seeing them on my android phone.
Fixed as you were posting this reply.

You're right.
Thanks for pointing it out. The setting was set incorrectly as we never planned to remove them

Now all the signatures are shown by default, while you may select to remove them in your Preferences area

FYI. What you just did reverted my previous setting to the opposite of what it was set to.

Not a big deal. Just figured you would want to know.

(I had it on default, changed it to "show" after posting on this thread, now it went back to "dont show")

Back