SILAC/Equitable

Scott72

I was wondering if anyone could share with what the renewals looked like for the Denali/Teton on the Barclays Atlas 5 Annual P2P PR option. Depending on the product, it appears the participation is over 100% without a spread on the longer surrender term products. I guess I'm concerned that once it goes into renewal that all of sudden it will drop dramatically. I'm aware that interest rates and other factors may be a factor. Thanks.

Not sure the product is old enough to have substantial renewal history. I believe the first contracts just came up for renewal in the last 3 months. I would also suggest seeing if they stay in the market place prior to writing. Genworth was in and out of the FIA marketplace in a jiffy and now servicing those contracts sucks. Not sure Equitable necessarily has a history of consistent product offering as it is.....

Good question and good post. I've yet to pull the lever with this company (personally), but one of the FMO's I work with is very optimistic about this carrier. And no, it's NOT just because of commissions etc. They've done business with the company before the recent name change, but they've held several in-depth webinars and are writing a lot of fixed annuity business with these guys. Of course, they have all the other major players as well, but so far they're very optimistic about the future with SILAC. I can at least add a few gold nuggets. 1. Because of the company's current A.M. Best rating (B+) they don't need to be as "profitable" as other higher rated carriers. That's a hint to their very competitive caps/rates etc. From what I've heard/seen so far, their management team at SILAC sounds pretty committed to the annuity space and I wouldn't expect a Genworth-like situation, but of course no one can predict the future. 2. Just make sure your E&O covers companies under an A- rating, because some E&O coverage excludes companies under A- or B++. :daydream:;)

Good question and good post. I've yet to pull the lever with this company (personally), but one of the FMO's I work with is very optimistic about this carrier. And no, it's NOT just because of commissions etc. They've done business with the company before the recent name change, but they've held several in-depth webinars and are writing a lot of fixed annuity business with these guys. Of course, they have all the other major players as well, but so far they're very optimistic about the future with SILAC. I can at least add a few gold nuggets. 1. Because of the company's current A.M. Best rating (B+) they don't need to be as "profitable" as other higher rated carriers. That's a hint to their very competitive caps/rates etc. From what I've heard/seen so far, their management team at SILAC sounds pretty committed to the annuity space and I wouldn't expect a Genworth-like situation, but of course no one can predict the future. 2. Just make sure your E&O covers companies under an A- rating, because some E&O coverage excludes companies under A- or B++. :daydream:;)
I'm not a fan of most of these carriers with little history and poor ratings (esp given the time commitment) but this is good info and is appreciated.

Latest posts

Back