SilverScript 2019

from what I've heard I hear most are going up in premium copay and deductible this year.

Just a wag, but closing the donut hole a year early probably has a big impact on premiums and OOP costs.

Still no deductable,

Client told me her SS will now have a $100 deductible on tier 3 and higher. Maybe that is a GA thing.

Or maybe she is wrong.

from what I've heard I hear most are going up in premium copay and deductible this year. I hope I don't have to spend all AEP fixing all my client's drug coverage, this year

Just think of all the McDonald's the PDP commission can buy, haha.

Just a wag, but closing the donut hole a year early probably has a big impact on premiums and OOP costs.

Client told me her SS will now have a $100 deductible on tier 3 and higher. Maybe that is a GA thing.

Or maybe she is wrong.
I think she's wrong. I just did the certification for SS, and they still say no deductible for 2019.

I'm in the donut hole now. I'll be glad when that damned thing goes away!!!

Still no deductible, but I do notice a higher copay on a few tiers.

I meant I heard in general as an overall picture of what 2018 PDP's will look like as compared to previous years,

As for SS I understand they went with a higher premium and higher copay instead of a deductible, With others I understand there is a difference between how the 3 are distributed, Meaning Premium, Copay, and deductible

From what I understand no plan will be unaffected, Again this is all rumor for now, the way it was explained to me was it had to do with lowering the donut hole. I don't know if all this is true or partially true

Or maybe she is wrong.

Could your client have been talking about SilverScript Plus rather than SilverSCript Choice?

Or maybe she is wrong.
Quoting the source below:
"2019 SilverScript Choice Plan Benefits Include:

$0 deductible in most states except AK, AZ, CO, GA, SC and TX.

* In Colorado, Georgia and Texas, $0 deductible applies to Tier 1 and Tier 2. There is a $100 deductible for Tiers 3 through 5

* In Arizona and South Carolina, $0 deductible applies to Tier 1 and Tier 2. There is a $415 deductible for Tiers 3 through 5

* In Alaska, there is a $415 deductible that applies to all tiers"

Source: Offer the hottest Part D plans on the market with SilverScript

Quoting the source below:
"2019 SilverScript Choice Plan Benefits Include:

$0 deductible in most states except AK, AZ, CO, GA, SC and TX.

* In Colorado, Georgia and Texas, $0 deductible applies to Tier 1 and Tier 2. There is a $100 deductible for Tiers 3 through 5

* In Arizona and South Carolina, $0 deductible applies to Tier 1 and Tier 2. There is a $415 deductible for Tiers 3 through 5

* In Alaska, there is a $415 deductible that applies to all tiers"

Source: Offer the hottest Part D plans on the market with SilverScript
My bad....memory must be going. I do remember the Alaska deductible now. :embarrassed:

Premium almost never matters. Seriously.

Yearly total estimated cost matters.

But even at that, let's say someone earns $2,000/mo, so no LIS. They want the best deal at their pharmacy for their Rx's. Premium doesn't (really) matter because yearly estimated cost matters more (of which, premium is already factored in).

Going back to your original comment, which is what I responded to, 2 observations:

a) When you go to the same carrier and run the same drug list for the carrier's highest priced plan and the carrier's lowest priced plan, get a savings of over $1,000 a year and the premium portion of that change is $60 per month, premium matters.

b) Depending on your purpose for having a PDP, premium may matter very much as a decision criterion.

Going back to your original comment, which is what I responded to, 2 observations:

a) When you go to the same carrier and run the same drug list for the carrier's highest priced plan and the carrier's lowest priced plan, get a savings of over $1,000 a year and the premium portion of that change is $60 per month, premium matters.

b) Depending on your purpose for having a PDP, premium may matter very much as a decision criterion.

I'd imagine most agent use medicare dot gov - and that's the only place I run comparisons.

My advice is to run your comparisons there (10/1 or later) and see if something better comes up for you since SS is having an increase.

Back