SilverScript Enrollment

Have any of you all ever heard of this?:

One of the agents in my office completed a SilverScript PDP app on 5/15. The effective date was marked 6/1. The client wanted 7/1 so the date on the app was changed and initialed and resubmitted. SilverScript disregarded the second app assuming it was a duplicate. The agent and client called on 5/24 and were told the issue was corrected. The plan went effective 6/1 anyway. When the client and agent each called separately trying to get the issue fixed, multiple phone reps have said that the reason for the start date of 6/1 was b/c the app was submitted in May and if they wanted a 7/1 effective date, they should have submitted in June.

What election was used to enroll? Most do not allow a person to choose their start date; they'll be locked into the first of the following month (assuming it's not really early in the IEP/ICEP).

U might want to cancel and re-submit
It's too late to cancel coverage that started 6/1. Assuming an election was used that would allow a 7/1 start date for an app done in May, unless he talks to the one smart/reasonable person at SS, they're stuck with the 6/1 date.

It's too late to cancel coverage that started 6/1. Assuming an election was used that would allow a 7/1 start date for an app done in May, unless he talks to the one smart/reasonable person at SS, they're stuck with the 6/1 date.

That's essentially where we are. The election was IEP, so they have the 7 month window. I just thought that was crazy.

Nope, just ignorance. Can't choose a plan start date using IEP. The app should have been written in June if the client wanted a 7/1 start.

I agree, if going through medicare.gov.

I was wondering if it was different, because she is a SS "agent" and the app may be different?

On the app it has a spot to request an effective date and I've personally selected dates otherwise with different companies. I just did not know if this was something other companies did or just SilverScript.

On the app it has a spot to request an effective date and I've personally selected dates otherwise with different companies. I just did not know if this was something other companies did or just SilverScript.
CMS determines the effective date based on the applicant's eligibility on the date the application was submitted. The "requested effective date" on apps is just a request (I believe at least one carrier does not include a requested effective date question on the application because it's pretty meaningless other than in some SEP situations). And, as noted already, once the plan takes effect, the election is used up and barring any special election availability the client has to wait until AEP.

Back