Silverscript....heads up

GoPokes

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have always been happy with silverscript, Ive dont roughly 70 enrollments with them. However a couple weeks ago, I enrolled a friend of mine turning 65 in a PDP. We used the email tool, while I was at his home. Upon completion, I realized he put the wrong effective date down, 11/1 instead of 12/1, so he said he'd call in and tell them, and I took off for my next appointment. When he called in, the lady who he talked to, Tierra, decided to reenroll him and take credit for it, and cut me out of the equation.

I went up the chain to get it corrected, and they tried to claim that he called into them on 10/30, and I did my app on 10/31. Of course, I have the confirmation email with a time stamp stating otherwise (i did it 10/30). Per my conversation with them today, they say that the last app in counts, not mine, because it came in first. Flipping the switch to fit their desired outcome.

Since the beneficiary is a friend, he is more than happy to cancel and reenroll with me. But unfortunately I can get any confidence that this wont happen in the future. Just wanted to let everyone know that the enrollment support cant be relied upon

Was he losing employer coverage on top of turning 65? Assuming he turns 65 in Nov and you complete an IEP app in October, then of course the plan would start 11/1/17. Can't choose any other start date. Maybe mind the details and you won't have to deal with the carriers?

Similar thing happened with me. Client has issue with e-app. Called in, told agent he was working with me and wanted his agent to get credit. Eric (the rep) said he would make sure I get credit (funny, Eric never asked my client for any of my contact info). Luckily, client keep the confirmation number.
I had to go up the chain to make sure I got credit for it. It's not much, but frustrating when you have to fight your own company you rep for $36...
Funny, it's still not showing up on my report on their portal.

Was he losing employer coverage on top of turning 65? Assuming he turns 65 in Nov and you complete an IEP app in October, then of course the plan would start 11/1/17. Can't choose any other start date. Maybe mind the details and you won't have to deal with the carriers?
No...He has disability mapd plan currently. T65 in December. When he input his information, after following the link in the silverscript enrollment email, it allowed him to put 11/01 effective date.

Similar thing happened with me. Client has issue with e-app. Called in, told agent he was working with me and wanted his agent to get credit. Eric (the rep) said he would make sure I get credit (funny, Eric never asked my client for any of my contact info). Luckily, client keep the confirmation number.
I had to go up the chain to make sure I got credit for it. It's not much, but frustrating when you have to fight your own company you rep for $36...

Yeah, $36 aint much, but as you and I both know, after you have over 100 of them, the renewal payout in February is a nice bonus to start the year. Those little suckers add up after a while.

Had a similar issue last year on a couple of cases. Got tired of fighting with them. That's probably what they hope we'll do.

I don't play their games anymore. If I catch wind of it before AEP ends, we'll just enroll them with a different carrier and a few days later, submit a new app with SilverScript.

Have to come back and give credit where it is due. SS did move said client back to my enrollment report. Makes me feel more comfortable about using them!
That's good to hear. As of last night, mine is on the enrollment report as well. Glad to see them follow through.

Last edited:
GoPokes, did you get paid on that enrollment? I just received my comp statement, and the guy in question was not on it. At this point, I am not worrying with it for $36. I will just file that away in my "grudge holding" file...lol.

GoPokes, did you get paid on that enrollment? I just received my comp statement, and the guy in question was not on it. At this point, I am not worrying with it for $36. I will just file that away in my "grudge holding" file...lol.

I believe the most recent commission paid was renewal commissions. They will process AEP enrollment commissions at the end of January. Maybe it will show up then. Have you checked your enrollment report to see if the person is listed on your enrollment report?

Back