Silverscript Part D - What's needed to sell?

Bevo

Guru
100+ Post Club
Curious for those who sell Silverscript, it's been a while since I've investigated, can you enroll people in a Silverscript Part D by sending a link, without having to go through AHIP or any certs? Wondering what exactly is required and wanted to hear from the experts.

There used to be a deal where you could just be a "referral agent". You sent a link and when they signed up you get a one-time $25 referral fee. We used to have both the referral program and the regular agent program. Not sure if the referral program is still in place or not as we have not used that in quite some time.

If you sell it, I'm 99% sure you need AHIP.

Ritter still has the referral program.

And I still won't do it :)

There used to be a deal where you could just be a "referral agent". You sent a link and when they signed up you get a one-time $25 referral fee. We used to have both the referral program and the regular agent program. Not sure if the referral program is still in place or not as we have not used that in quite some time.

Thanks Todd, if I cross over to the Part D dark side i'll be calling you.

Curious for those who sell Silverscript, it's been a while since I've investigated, can you enroll people in a Silverscript Part D by sending a link, without having to go through AHIP or any certs? Wondering what exactly is required and wanted to hear from the experts.
You don't have to do AHIP(that's why I went ahead and picked up SilverScript). You have to do SS's certification, but no AHIP. SS is the only one I offer.

Yes, they have electronic enrollment. I haven't used it yet, as I'm still face to face.

One thing I like about SS, is there's no deductible. Most have a $405 deductible.

You don't have to do AHIP(that's why I went ahead and picked up SilverScript). You have to do SS's certification, but no AHIP. SS is the only one I offer.

Yes, they have electronic enrollment. I haven't used it yet, as I'm still face to face.

One thing I like about SS, is there's no deductible. Most have a $405 deductible.

It may depend on drugs some too. I think some more expensive drugs are cheaper on higher cost plans. SilverScript works well for me because I am basically using it as a "place marker" to avoid penalties for not having a drug plan.

So if I don't do AHIP, does that mean I don't have to deal with the "handcuffs" CMS puts on you for marketing, seminars, etc?

And I agree, SS is the best plan. Sick and a $405 deductible hit at the counter, to save $7/month is stupid.

Question: if they are currently on SS (via Medicare.gov) and I write it for 2019, do I get the $30? Or only new people?

It may depend on drugs some too. I think some more expensive drugs are cheaper on higher cost plans. SilverScript works well for me because I am basically using it as a "place marker" to avoid penalties for not having a drug plan.
I know what you're saying, but when I check the cost with SS, they're right there most of the time.

I have SS Choice(the cheap one). Just one of my meds will get me to the Donut Hole. I looked at switching to the higher priced Plus plan and with the higher premium, I'm better off staying with the Choice plan. Even though the Plus has Donut hole coverage on Tiers 1 and 2, it pays the same as Choice on the 2 tier 3's I take.

There are 4 enrollment methods available with Silverscript (not counting call centers):
  1. Paper application...ughhh what's a paper application? it's for dinosaurs
  2. Email enrollment link (no scope required). The prospect clicks the link and fills out a simple application online. Very simple and clean user interface for the customer. You get a confirmation email when the application is complete.
  3. Electronic application (eSOA requireed). You fill out the app with the customer on the phone, and it sends a confirmation email to the customer.
  4. Ipad enrollment (SOA required), this is the most efficient face to face enrollment method, cutting out the need for a paper app, with quick submission.
The CMS limit for referrals is still $25 on PDP's for agents who are not appointed and certified.

Like the monkey man said, no AHIP necessary, but you must pass the Silverscript training with a passing score of 90% or higher, you get 3 attempts.

When I run PDP reports I always show a deductible plan alongside one with no deductible. Most of the time the no deductible plan is SS and most of the time the cost of the med's + premium make SS a poor choice.

Most of my clients pick the deductible plan (once they understand how it works). My "go to" plan for most of the year for those who take few or no med's is EnvisionRx. @ $12.60 per month it is hard to beat in some situations.

YMMV

Back