SIMA-Pro

Anyone watch the webinar on the SIMA-Pro membership? Any details?

Yes.. it was a recruiting webinar for one FMO.

"If you join with our sponsor|preferred FMO, your membership is FREE because they're "sponsoring you!"

One person on the webinar asked if Mike G. actually works for the FMO (SMSteam.net.org.com). He sounded/appeared like a deer caught in the headlights. He then admitted that he does.

"They're real close to my home here."
He then justified by saying "I'll consult for any FMO if they pay me."

A full disclosure would have made it an honest pitch for the FMO that pays him. His partner literally phoned it in (called in on cell phone), saying "We won't let you go!" after Mike said he'd consult for anyone willing to pay him.

They used, and said they continue to plan on using, a free webinar service (anymeeting.com) that constantly rotates advertisements on the side of the screen for all viewers to gaze upon while taking in the content. They were asked if the future webinars would all be on this freebie/ad-filled platform and they said yes, it would. They don't want to get "committed" to any webinar provider by actually paying for it. It would be bad to be "locked" in to one provider, they said.

The content was.. "it's going to be awesome." "Just wait and see."

There was no specific information as to what, exactly, you'll get by being a "PRO" member or getting "sponsored" by their FMO. No samples, no content, nothing except "we're working hard on it."

SIMA is run entirely on the NING network, a paid site that lets you build a social community. It appears that the PRO version is just another room in their Ning community, only for members of their FMO and/or paying members.

If Mike and his phoned in partners are actually selling insurance every day and know what's happening in the marketplace then great! If it is just another FMO's attempt to provide generic HOW TO information out there and call it real world training, there's enough of that relatively useless information from FMO's that are not in touch with what is happening TODAY in the market place.

Last edited:
Sam -

Thanks for the reply.

For starters, yes it was for one FMO at the time, but we now have two. Ritter Insurance Marketing and SMS are both available for SIMA Pro scholarships. Our goal is to have one, possibly two more by the end of the year. SIMA is still free

Yes, I do work for SMS as well. They have an online University I help with, and I also do some of their webinars. I have always been very open about that, nothing to hide. If you look at some of my past posts I make that very clear. I am happy to work with them.

Anymeeting serves us well now, but as mentioned, Join.me is supposedly working on a some features that are not available yet (such as registration). Once that becomes available, that is the platform I would like to use. Yes, they have ads, so does this forum.

I do have real world experience, as both an independent agent and captive, and I am happy to help agents with what I know, but my goal with SIMA and SIMA Pro is to have a community where agents are helping each other. I have never claimed to have all the answers, but I am not afraid to speak out and ask others. Yes, we use Ning.

I would like to think my reputation on this forum, being on it since it started and always willing to share my thoughts, comments, and knowledge speaks for itself.

Sincerely, Mike

Back