Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll

Does your E&O coverage use A.M. Best's "A-" rating as the cut-off for transactions it'

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Yes, but other NSROs are referenced.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, a different NSRO is referenced.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, there is no ratings-based exclusion.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

MichaelBurton

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Texas
The last two E&O policies I have owned will not cover me if I sell a policy that, at the time of sale, was issued by an insurance company rated below A.M. Best's A-.

That leads me to believe that this must be a common clause; but, I thought I would check with other agents before I just assume. Hence, the poll.

Please offer up any details you care to share about your specific experience with E&O coverage.

Last edited:
Generally that is true, but several B+ carriers I deal with offer supplement coverage (free of charge) for agents for business written with them. (ie Genworth and before Athene was upgraded) so check with the carrier to see.

The last two E&O policies I have owned will not cover me if I sell a policy that, at the time of sale, was issued by an insurance company rated below A.M. Best's A-. That leads me to believe that this must be a common clause; but, I thought I would check with other agents before I just assume. Hence, the poll. Please offer up any details you care to share about your specific experience with E&O coverage.

Mine will do AM Near A, B and Demotech A.

Mine will do AM Near A, B and Demotech A.

Thank you for sharing this, AIS!

----------

Generally that is true, but several B+ carriers I deal with offer supplement coverage (free of charge) for agents for business written with them. (ie Genworth and before Athene was upgraded) so check with the carrier to see.

Yes, I recently discovered this directly from Genworth.

Back