Simplified Issue Term Life Carriers easy to sell over the phone

Surancedawg

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm looking into Term Life carriers that have a fairly hassle-free telesales application. I've heard that American Amicable and Phoenix Life are 2 companies that have term products easy to sell over the phone. Anybody have any experience with these products? Thanks in advance.

Both are good companies , depending on a persons health profile. However Am. Amicable may order medical records, or 'grill' client on phone interview.

Phx. life term plans are hit or miss. Term express doesn't order medical records, but only goes up to table 4. They use mythical Rx system, that has no rhyme or reason. The regular term plan may or may not require APS. Again, no rhyme or reason to the ordring of it.

I'm looking into Term Life carriers that have a fairly hassle-free telesales application. I've heard that American Amicable and Phoenix Life are 2 companies that have term products easy to sell over the phone. Anybody have any experience with these products? Thanks in advance.

AmAm, Foresters, MoO, Fidelity, Antex, American National - dozens of them . . .

I mean, you don't have to email them a 20+ page application, with each page requiring a stamped signature or initials on each page and then getting it emailed back. Ideally, something like a Final Expense telesales application, with voice signatures and an instant decision. I have very little experience with term life sales, over the phone or face-to-face, but the products I did deal with used the most long-ass applications. Working the FE market has probably shortened my attention span to that of my clients!

I use AmAm for the occasional Simplified Term. They have 2 Term products that use an e-app. The Term Made Simple plan doesn't have bad rates, but I think it only goes to Table 2. Easy Term goes to Table 4, but the rates are higher. Easy Term also won't necessarily require a phone interview. It will tell you at the end of the e-app whether it's approved already or an interview is needed.

I've sold one Term Made Simple app by phone. I felt like it was a bit grueling, but the client was approved on the spot, no emailing for sig, etc. So it was worth it.

I find most term sales are pretty easy. As Rick asked it really depends on your definition of easy.

Many of the fully underwritten companies offer drop ticket submission. Protective as an example has had a one page Faxed app for years. Now Eapp. There are also drop ticket type brokerages.

Then there are companies like Sagicor that offer Eapps with no paramed, APSs or PHIs. P+ down to Rated (T4ish) through age 65. MoO is going up to $1,000,000 non-med also.

Close to FE term? United Home Life has a pretty good line up and a pretty good PHI. T4-T8ish. I personally think their ROP Term can be a great FE alternative for a younger prospect.

I don't use Foresters but I believe they are popular with some of the agents at selltermlife. Com.

Edit: what I see as the most complicated part of term sales for FE guys is learning that this cake is made in an oven, not a microwave. And correctly setting your prospects expectations.

Last edited:
I mean, you don't have to email them a 20+ page application, with each page requiring a stamped signature or initials on each page and then getting it emailed back. Ideally, something like a Final Expense telesales application, with voice signatures and an instant decision. I have very little experience with term life sales, over the phone or face-to-face, but the products I did deal with used the most long-ass applications. Working the FE market has probably shortened my attention span to that of my clients!

I've been participating in webinars for the Sagicor Term and WL - very cool. Quick and Easy. No PHI either in most cases ( actually all 6 that I watched had no PHI ) . . .

re Sagicor:

Just be aware that you need to pre-pay your state appointment fee in the state you are writing in to get an instant decision. If you don't have a prepaid state appt fee on file, it will stop the approval process.

Back