Simplified Underwriting Term Life

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I have a client wanting life insurance and am running in to issues. She is a nurse who self diagnoses and self medicates. Has not been to a doctor since 1992. Has a history of tachycardia, HTN & elevated cholesterol.

She takes meds when her heart starts to race but does not have an Rx. She has not taken HTN meds in years but monitors her BP on a regular basis. Last blood work was done in a docs office as a courtesy but not recorded. When she needs meds she calls a doc and gets free samples.

This is creating issues with the life underwriter and it looks like they are going to close her file if they cannot get current medical records.

The paramed exam went well, but she is such a blabber mouth they now want records and nothing is less than 15 years old.

We have applied for 30 yr ROP term, face is $300k. Looking for a carrier that will do likewise on a simplified issue basis and does not require a recent mortgage.

Any ideas in case Genworth closes the file?

Good advice but too late for that . . .

She could take that same advice & lose a few pounds. 5' 4" + 195#

Genworth is a very good company but the underwriting is Brutal! They seem to pull the APS trigger much faster than some of the others companies I have experience with.

Try Old Mutual Financial Network (F&G)... unfortunately their simplified issue does require a new mortgage, so I would go fully underwritten with their Savers Select term. I have run cases through F&G that have bogged down in underwriting with other companies with favorable results.

Al

You could always withdraw the case and do it through Liberty Life the most she will get is 250K, or you could try Fidelity Life. Also Americo has a non med simplified issue that goes up to 400k with no proof of mortgage. PM me for the details.

I have a client wanting life insurance and am running in to issues. She is a nurse who self diagnoses and self medicates. Has not been to a doctor since 1992. Has a history of tachycardia, HTN & elevated cholesterol.

She takes meds when her heart starts to race but does not have an Rx. She has not taken HTN meds in years but monitors her BP on a regular basis. Last blood work was done in a docs office as a courtesy but not recorded. When she needs meds she calls a doc and gets free samples.

This is creating issues with the life underwriter and it looks like they are going to close her file if they cannot get current medical records.

The paramed exam went well, but she is such a blabber mouth they now want records and nothing is less than 15 years old.

We have applied for 30 yr ROP term, face is $300k. Looking for a carrier that will do likewise on a simplified issue basis and does not require a recent mortgage.

Any ideas in case Genworth closes the file?

Nurses and even Dr's are known for "Self Medicating and Diagnosis", some cases you just have to walk away from esp if they are willing to talk about it.

Back