Since when Did GW Write for Medical Records?

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I wrote a 73 year old female who takes Aricept for Dementia. She has been taking it for 3+ years with no changes so I thought it would be OK. She still is very active and even drives. I get an e-mail stating the underwriting department reviewed her medical records and the policy will be issued as Guaranteed Assurance instead of Assurance Plus.

I wrote a 73 year old female who takes Aricept for Dementia. She has been taking it for 3+ years with no changes so I thought it would be OK. She still is very active and even drives. I get an e-mail stating the underwriting department reviewed her medical records and the policy will be issued as Guaranteed Assurance instead of Assurance Plus.

Ill answer the thread title by saying...since they figured out they dont know what the hell they are doing and jumped into fe with absolutely zero knowledge or exp in fe. Typical.

Gw is a total cluster ****. I write Gi with them only . Anything else is scary . They lost a customers policy 3 times . It took 5 weeks for them to send to me . The policy says its a whole life but says policy # /certificate #. The brochure doesn't say guaranteed premiums but the spec page shows level premiums

Gw is a total cluster ****. I write Gi with them only . Anything else is scary . They lost a customers policy 3 times . It took 5 weeks for them to send to me . The policy says its a whole life but says policy # /certificate #. The brochure doesn't say guaranteed premiums but the spec page shows level premiums

Hey lets do a ride along next month.

Yeah they added the MIB/Script check disclosure on the second page at the beginning of the year. They never said they were gonna start doing checks, but that was my assumption.

"The insured listed on the above referenced policy did not qualify for Assurance Plus based on a review of medical records conducted by our underwriting department."

MIB or a ScriptCheck is not reviewing her medical records. The e-mail sounds like they wrote her doctor.

"The insured listed on the above referenced policy did not qualify for Assurance Plus based on a review of medical records conducted by our underwriting department." MIB or a ScriptCheck is not reviewing her medical records. The e-mail sounds like they wrote her doctor.

What did they say when you called and asked about this?

The lady said they have always requested medical records on Assurance Plus. This was my 4th case I submitted to GW because the applicant could not get an immediate benefit anywhere else. They could not have written for records on all 4 cases or the other 3 would not have been issued Assurance Plus.

The lady said they have always requested medical records on Assurance Plus. This was my 4th case I submitted to GW because the applicant could not get an immediate benefit anywhere else. They could not have written for records on all 4 cases or the other 3 would not have been issued Assurance Plus.

How quickly was a decision made on the application?

It was submitted on 2/1. Every time I called I was told they were waiting on the premium to clear. Then today I get this e-mail.

Back