Single Premium Life Insurance

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
In general, how does commission or payout work on a single premium life insurance sale?

You must get an immediate percentage of the total lump sum premium, I would imagine. What is that percentage in general without getting into a big street level versus MGA discussion. Just looking for a sense of how that type of product pays out.

Thanks.

Winter

I believe that it is similar to an annuity commission as opposed to a life premium commission. Probably something like 3-4% on the lump sum.

It is going to depend a lot on the product you use: Whole Life, UL, EIUL, etc. But in general, you will be paid First Yr. Commission on the target premium and then a much smaller amount on the "Excess". You should expect 50-80% for the FYC, again depending on the product.

SPWL will pay 9-15% on lump sum. SPUL 70-80% for target and 3% on excess.

Cool, thanks. I knew it was lower than the traditional premium commission on regular WL/UL, but couldn't remember the range of numbers.

Basically it gets treated for commission more similar to an annuity than a life product.

It's usually from 7-14% and it's paid on the face amount not the premium. There can be quite a difference.

The companies I use pay on the premium, not the face amount. Was that a typo?

Hmmm. I could be wrong on most companies. Forethought, Monumental and NGL pay on the face of their single pay pre-need policies. I'm not sure if they all do the same on their final expense versions.

Hmmm. I could be wrong on most companies. Forethought, Monumental and NGL pay on the face of their single pay pre-need policies. I'm not sure if they all do the same on their final expense versions.

I haven't looked at Monumentals single pay FE, but I would bet that it is paid on the premium.

Back