Site Upgrade & Facelift Coming Up This Weekend! (Sunday, October 8th)

JustinB

Hi there!

I'm excited to announce that Insurance-Forums.com will be upgraded and will receive a bit of a facelift this coming weekend (Sunday, October 8th). You may have seen my posts in the site feedback forum over the prior weeks & months - but we now have an official date on the calendar.

In terms of changes - they will be very minimal aside from back-end software upgrades and some front-end design improvements. You will find all the forum features will be nearly identical to current site features - though there may be a few instances where a button is labeled a bit differently or something like that.

Please note, on the date of Sunday, October 8th it's possible the website might have a few "bugs" for a few hours while work everything out. We plan on having everything ironed out that same day though and we appreciate your patience as we work through any of them.

If you find, after the site upgrade, that there is a certain feature or function that is hard to find, or doesn't seem to be working properly - we have created a feedback form for you to complete so we can look into the issues right away.

If you find any bugs or issues with website usability, please click the link below to submit the details to the Insurance Forums development team.

https://partners.insurance-forums.net/insurance-forums-com-site-feedback

Thank you!

Justin

Hi there!

I'm excited to announce that Insurance-Forums.com will be upgraded and will receive a bit of a facelift this coming weekend (Sunday, October 8th). You may have seen my posts in the site feedback forum over the prior weeks & months - but we now have an official date on the calendar.

In terms of changes - they will be very minimal aside from back-end software upgrades and some front-end design improvements. You will find all the forum features will be nearly identical to current site features - though there may be a few instances where a button is labeled a bit differently or something like that.

Please note, on the date of Sunday, October 8th it's possible the website might have a few "bugs" for a few hours while work everything out. We plan on having everything ironed out that same day though and we appreciate your patience as we work through any of them.

If you find, after the site upgrade, that there is a certain feature or function that is hard to find, or doesn't seem to be working properly - we have created a feedback form for you to complete so we can look into the issues right away.

If you find any bugs or issues with website usability, please click the link below to submit the details to the Insurance Forums development team.

https://partners.insurance-forums.net/insurance-forums-com-site-feedback

Thank you!

Justin

Will the app continue to work?

• Staff
No, we will not be supporting the app in the future. The "new site" will be more mobile friendly and the usability is great on mobile devices. I have a shortcut to the test forum on my Android phone and I access it via Chrome and it's very slick.

No, we will not be supporting the app in the future.

:1baffled: Big thumbs down on that imo.

Im a big fan of apps. Not a fan of using the browser on my phone... no matter how mobile friendly the site is... :no:

This decision seems odd since most major websites utilize apps these days. Most data Ive seen shows that consumers prefer an app vs. mobile browser for websites they view on a regular basis.

I use the forum app on a daily basis, usually multiple times per day. Same with other websites I visit daily. What I dont do is open my mobile browser to look at websites I read daily. My CNBC app started giving me issues a while ago... and now I read their site probably 50% less than I used to when the app worked.

Last edited:

Im a big fan of apps. Not a fan of using the browser on my phone... no matter how mobile friendly the site is... :no:

This decision seems odd since most major websites utilize apps these days. Most data Ive seen shows that consumers prefer an app vs. mobile browser for websites they view on a regular basis.

I use the forum app on a daily basis, usually multiple times per day. Same with other websites I visit daily. What I dont do is open my mobile browser to look at websites I read daily. My CNBC app started giving me issues a while ago... and now I read their site probably 50% less than I used to when the app worked.

That's what Equifax "experts" thought so too. ;)

Most of big online data breaches come exactly from this entry point and a wrong approach, where by thinking that access is easy through apps, more often than not, the apps (and plugins/extensions) are not regularly maintained as the websites platforms are.

That's what Equifax "experts" thought so too. ;)

Most of big online data breaches come exactly from this entry point and a wrong approach, where by thinking that access is easy through apps, more often than not, the apps (and plugins/extensions) are not regularly maintained as the websites platforms are.

Yeah, but you guys don't hold my personal financial info.

Same goes for CNBC or Bloomberg or Wall Street Journal or Flipboard or my local news app or any of the other apps I use on a daily basis.

And the Equifax hack was not from a phone app. Insurance companies Banks and other financial institutions use phone apps.

And more importantly, consumers seem to prefer them over mobile browsers.

Jmo. I will be very sad to see the app go. And highly doubt I will use the mobile version nearly as much.

Mobile browsers are a pain in the ass imo. I don't like saving login info on mobile browsers (for security reasons). And I'm not going to keep the browser going in the background just to stay logged into a single site. Which means I will have to log in manually every time I want to access it via mobile device.

Last edited:
Good morning,
I agree on usability part, but the security is also very important to us.

Yeah, but you guys don't hold my personal financial info.
While we don't have any such information on our site, we want to protect ourselves against any type of attack.

As we pointed on few other threads, our mobile app is a third party solution, which is not being maintained for years. This solution was the entry point for most of other forums leaks in past 2 years.

We could've simply switch it off, but then we know how many of you use it.
We took some actions in order to protect from attacks coming from this solution.

This weekend our primary focus will be successful migration and we hope to make it as smooth as possible.

95% of all my site viewing and posting is via the app..I predict once the app stops working I will not be viewing the site.

95% of all my site viewing and posting is via the app..I predict once the app stops working I will not be viewing the site.

You will be missed.

Id say probably about 50% of mine is via the app. So I will be around half as much. Won't use a mobile browser because it will force me to sign in every time I want to view it.

I could be wrong. But Id guess there will be a serious drop in views once the change is made.

I hear they had issues with the Iphone app.... but the Android app works fine 99% of the time (unless you use talk to text... then it messes up sometimes). Banks can figure out security... and they even use 3rd party apps to do so... oh well... more time to concentrate on selling insurance I guess.

Back