Situation from Today

WGO

Expert
I am a new part-time agent and would like to see what others would have proposed with the situation I encountered today. 60 year old female non-smoker in very good health. Currently has a term policy with $50,000 face that reduces to $25,000 at age 65 and ends at age 70. She wanted to keep that policy in force until 70, but wanted at some point add a permanent policy.

Is currently on disability with little extra money. At age 62 will receive a $400 per month pension and Social Security. After some discussion she wanted me to come back in two years to do a permanent policy. What would you have proposed?

I am a new part-time agent and would like to see what others would have proposed with the situation I encountered today. 60 year old female non-smoker in very good health. Currently has a term policy with $50,000 face that reduces to $25,000 at age 65 and ends at age 70. She wanted to keep that policy in force until 70, but wanted at some point add a permanent policy.

Is currently on disability with little extra money. At age 62 will receive a $400 per month pension and Social Security. After some discussion she wanted me to come back in two years to do a permanent policy. What would you have proposed?

I would have found out the current price of the term policy and also found out if the rates increase or not as well. I would have sold her on the fact that starting a whole life policy TODAY made the most sense since she was in the best health and youngest age she would ever be in for the rest of her life and assured her we have no idea what her health would be like in two years. I would give her as much coverage as she could afford with the price she is paying for the term and highly encourage her to cancel the term and get locked in now while she's still 60 and in good health (if she is). I think if you hammer the fact of the unknown things that can happen to the health of someone in their 60's over the course of two years this should be a deal you should be able to write.

1) wouldve found out why she needed to have that amount- to pay off anything specific or just an arbitrary # (usually the latter)

2) Explain the pros & cons of both term & WL

3) Told her if she insisted on term, at least get 1 thats level til 80 that doesnt increase in prem, nor does it decrease in FV.

4) Offered her the best WL/Term price I think she would qualify for based on what she is paying now & let he decide

5) Walked out with a level term app or WL app

She is not a prospect. As time goes by you will learn that people will make up ridiculous excuses not to buy. Come back in 2 years? She has no interest.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Combination of Pitt and Toby.

Exempt I would quote her Sagicor nonmed gul today. And FE as as_maybe_ in a few years.

She is disabled, would they take her?

Last edited:
She is not a prospect. As time goes by you will learn that people will make up ridiculous excuses not to buy. Come back in 2 years? She has no interest.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

She is disabled, would they take her?

I depends on the disability. I just did on age 64 multiple narcotics for pain and issued.

Are you still here? I heard your drunk a$$ missed your flight. I will not tell anyone though.

I depends on the disability. I just did on age 64 multiple narcotics for pain and issued.

Are you still here? I heard your drunk a$$ missed your flight. I will not tell anyone though.

Tins missed his flight? Hahaha....did he "really" miss it or just didnt wanna go back home to wifey?

I heard he mightve entered the WSOR (World Series of Rap) with the moniker "Tins Cent" in honor of 50cents!

It's '50 Tins', not 'Tins Cent'...sigh, I'll teach you, just give me more time.

Yeah, effin' Frontier Airlines wouldn't let me through the gate because I got there 35 minutes before my flight. I've never heard of any airline having any sort of deadline that a person has to be there, other than before takeoff. I'll never fly Frontier again.
Stuck at the Riviera for a night. Leave in the AM.

It's '50 Tins', not 'Tins Cent'...sigh, I'll teach you, just give me more time.

Yeah, effin' Frontier Airlines wouldn't let me through the gate because I got there 35 minutes before my flight. I've never heard of any airline having any sort of deadline that a person has to be there, other than before takeoff. I'll never fly Frontier again.
Stuck at the Riviera for a night. Leave in the AM.

Where is that? We are at Paris. Is Todd still here?

Back