Skinny on Health Markets.com

Mgr1979

This may be an old question but these guys regularly run a Craigslist Ad, too many leads not enough agents etc. Went thru their training and it was way less than stellar. Seems that most of their recruits were complete newbies to Ins. Maybe thats what they want. Anyway any opinions on these folks?

This may be an old question but these guys regularly run a Craigslist Ad, too many leads not enough agents etc. Went thru their training and it was way less than stellar. Seems that most of their recruits were complete newbies to Ins. Maybe thats what they want. Anyway any opinions on these folks?

Welcome MGR1979, does that mean your a manager now? Who knows, you may even work for them? Surprised nobody has answered, maybe I'm not reading the cryptic message.

I think HM has gone through a transformation and are offering a number of products from a larger menu. Sounds like you identified what it is, a platform for new agents to get trained, etc. If you need the support or lack the cash to build your book (leads, marketing, contracts, commish advances, etc), then they'll take a cut and provide those for you. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't doubt the turnover is 75% or more, and burn thru a number of agents to find the top 10% of producers who stay longer term, or get smart and go independent once they have a bank roll.

They are slave drivers. I came on and learned that you make the smallest commissions (indy $17/HM $6), pay out for every little thing, and have to be present for stupid meetings you have to drive an hour to.. They are slave drivers constantly pushing for more crooked sales. They make all their money from supplements and litterally slice your health insurance commisions to force you to sell supplememnts. They’re acrewing the client by strategically selling high deductible plans to sell their supplements... leaving HUGE gaping holes for when someone really needs to use the plan.
You are cooerced to buy their leads which have been sold and resold and resold.
Lastly, they’re working with Krump to force the health insurance implosion.
There isn’t a single good thing to say about them.
Unless of course you want to sell yourself into slavery.
Worst mistake I’ve ever made.

What about their Excelsior division? Any news on them? They keep trying to recruit me and say it’s street level commish and leads you can buy through them like HealthMarkets .

Back