Sleep Apnea

bluemarlin08

Guru
1000 Post Club
Have another case with a client that was diagnosed 10 years ago with sleep apnea. Currently on CPAP, followups are good and no other health issues. Assurant tells me they would consider but with CSD for SA for 15,000. Anyone have experience with Assurant and SA, or any other carrier that might consider. My experience has been a decline with everyone.

If no other issues, Aetna with a 50% rate up.

Humana standard if surgically corrected. If CPAP only and no other issues (tobacco, overweight, etc.), standard on $6k+ SIR.

What is this love affair with Time?

GR's UW guide states decline if not surgically corrected, as does BC, no love affair with Time, usually they aren't competitve.

BTW, just had my first bout with kidney stones, not fun, any of you guys had those critters?

This is apnea with current treatment - take the 15K CDS if offered and consider yourself lucky. I've had a few of these cases - even an Aetna decline on 3 of 'em despite their prescreen. However, underwriting varies by state.

This is apnea with current treatment - take the 15K CDS if offered and consider yourself lucky. I've had a few of these cases - even an Aetna decline on 3 of 'em despite their prescreen. However, underwriting varies by state.

If not mistaken, World accepts Sleep Apnea

Now that is interesting.

I have never had a prescreen who later applied rejected. Always get the prescreen offer or better.

No wait, I lied. I did have one. Did a prescreen with H1 and got an acceptable offer. When they applied it seems Ingenix showed quite a few meds the prospective client never owned up to during prescreen.

They got mad and left.

Can't blame them. It really hurts when you get caught in a lie.

No way to prescreen a lie, but if you get (and give) solid info to the undewriter you should find that final results track the prescreen.

Back