Small Group Health and Dental

Discussion in 'General Insurance Agent Discussions' started by overrider, Apr 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. overrider

overrider New Member

I have a friend of a friend who is starting his own business. He wants to run a food truck serving healthy food, and he wants health and dental for himself and his employees. Any ideas on which companies would work best for his situation.?

2. leevena

leevena Guru

Need a little more info; number of employees to be insured, geographic location of the employer to begin with.

3. DS4

DS4 Guru

State:
    California
    Waste of time.
    There isn't a food truck in the US that offers group health/dental.

4. overrider

overrider New Member

No more than 10 employees, and currently he is located in Oldsmar, FL. Right by Tampa.

And he really wants it for his guys, if he wants to help his employees I'll help him out.

5. leevena

leevena Guru

And you know this how?

6. DS4

DS4 Guru

State:
    California
    Food trucks run below the radar.
    All cash businesses.
    Pay their expenses in cash.
    Pay no taxes.
    I'm just guessing.

7. leevena

leevena Guru

Now you are just guessing? Earlier you said "There isn't a food truck in the US that offers group health/dental."

Need to be careful. People come to this site for information and the least we can do is provide an accurate response.

8. overrider

overrider New Member

He will have under 10 employees and is located in Oldsmar, FL. Near Tampa. Any suggestions?

9. scagnt83

scagnt83 Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    Your guess is wrong. Most food trucks in my town accept credit cards and are above board businesses. A few are even extensions of very successful restaurants.

----------

Im not sure about the health market in FL. BCBS and their networks are strong pretty much everywhere...

I really like Guardian for supplemental benefits. They have a strong Dental Plan and a good vision plan too. Plus he could add on life/cancer/di on down the road with them. They also give a bundled discount, so the more lines you have with them the cheaper it all gets.

Securian Dental also has an excellent product if he has no interest in other lines in the future.

I would also talk to him about BOE. Especially if he has multiple trucks and has loans out on them. Guardian, Ameritas, Principle are good carriers for BOE.

10. timetopay

timetopay New Member

State:
    Florida
    Over i am agent right in that area that specializes in those markets.

Private message me what information you are looking for and can help him out.