Small Group Online Admin

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
I am getting ready to push all my small group health business to move to online administration.

There are to many benefits of being able to delete and add an employee in real time.

With the high turnover groups its a must.

The one fear I have is I will have a less of value to the client when it comes to admin for small group.

Thoughts?

Complete opposite, you will have much more value to them. We have an online administration that includes; employee enrollment, underwritng for self-funding, employer administration, and other HRIS functions. Think of all the work/headaches you just took from the employer. At enrollment time no data is transferred until all "paperwork" is completed electronically. The employer has the ability to know who did not complete and to go after them. There are no more piles of apps they need to copy, send out in mail, await replies from the carrier asking for missing info, etc.

We are putting it into our private exchange programs and requring it. This will cover groups as small as 5.

Hope this helps.

That can actually be something that is high value for the client.

About two months ago I added an online ordering system to my site for the lists thinking no one would use it and I'm pleased to announce I was wrong. One of the things I did notice with having them do things online is it let our conversations be nearly 100% about the value of working with a list broker vs being more of a mechanical "let me push these buttons for you".

When we were prospecting for group health not so awfully long ago a lot of very interested prospects would want to do everything online/by fax because they were interested, but they wanted to be left alone to run their business.

Bottom line to me is that if you frame it as "I'm still here to help you 100% of the time when you need it, but I also have another way for you to save time and make changes at 2 in the morning if you'd like, here is something that can help you".

I presume you can do both?

Back