Small Group

Depends upon what State you are in, if TN then I would highly suggest it isn't worth the hassle and I'll deal with it as a favor.

Depends upon what State you are in, if TN then I would highly suggest it isn't worth the hassle and I'll deal with it as a favor.

I'm in Texas.... Honestly, how much work am I looking at putting into this.. I have a fairly green sub-agent I thought about using to do the enrollment process.

Put more effort into it than you want to. Small groups are dying for attention, and most agents don't give them the attention or respect they deserve.

Of all my small group clients, only one is no longer on the books, only because they moved to NC, and I am not licensed there.

Over the past 25 years, the small business has been the largest growth segment of the business market, and they are still treated like rabid dogs by the professionals whom they pay (us, CPA's, Attorneys, etc.)

Only put too much effort into it if you want a client that will stay on the books a long time, give you referrals up the ying yang, and pay on time every month.

My philosophy is, if no one knows what you do, then I'm your agent.

If you're not wanting to focus on Small Group use BenefitMall.com to help you quote and sell. They do a pretty good job and you get paid the same.

Benefitmall is really hit or miss depending on who is in the local office, or if there even is a local office.

I have used them in about 6 states with great results and another 6 with abysmal results.

Back