Smart Choice Exit

Currie

Hello all,

I am just starting and thinking about Smartchoice as my option for their agent smartstart program. I have spoken to the recruiter, however it seems as though he rushes to say the right answer to everything. Honestly, I'm just not certain, and would like to see if anyone has participated in the smart start program. I do know about the commission split, however, I'm interested in knowing about the exit options, and this gentleman is just saying "you own your book"....

Can/is someone willing to assist?

Thanks you!

Read the exit clause and make sure you are good with the terms. If you decide that you are not happy and want to leave then you have a 2 year non compete with the carrier, so you have to move your book away from that carrier and will not be able to write with them for two years.

I decided to use Smart Choice about 8 years ago. I put all my eggs in that basket and went with it....

Big mistake for me there.

That lasted less than an year and had to go in a totally different direction. They completely over promised and under delivered. The direct appointments they promised with the companies I wanted never happened. I was told AFTER I was established with them I needed to buy a book rather than start from scratch for those targeted carriers.

Money wasted but lesson learned for me!

Not sure if you've started with Smart Choice yet, but if you haven't, you may want to speak with Agentco. They'll have fewer carriers, but a much better exit and most likely better splits. Nothing against Smart Choice. Several times I've almost done something with them.

Back