Smart Phone Device/Leads Via Email (iPhone)

0b1kanobee

Guru
1000 Post Club
Just curious if anyone else uses an Iphone through their e-mail account to accept e-mails?

I have the Iphone and sometimes my e-mail comes through right away and other times when I go to check the e-mail as many as 20 will come through. I have it set on the 'PUSH' e-mail but don't understand why it is so intermittent?

I have heard the Blackberry is the e-mail work horse but I have no experience with one.

If you are buying leads it would seem that one would want to get these leads and call back as fast as possible. I have also heard of 'auto-responders' to leads........

Anyone else using the Iphone and what are your experiences?

Any suggestions?

I have heard of some software for the Iphone to allow you to get the e-mails faster but I thought that was what the 'PUSH' control on the phone was for.....

I don't know what you're talking about. I have the i-phone and use my Yahoo mail accounts. The e-mails show up on the i-phone just as quickly as they do for my laptop.

Also, the free app "whitepages" for the i-phone is excellent.

I don't know what you're talking about. I have the i-phone and use my Yahoo mail accounts. The e-mails show up on the i-phone just as quickly as they do for my laptop.

Also, the free app "whitepages" for the i-phone is excellent.

What I'm saying is sometimes I'll just hit my mail button and a bunch will come through. Other times I can send an email from the computer and it comes through immediately???? I don't get it?

I'll check whitepages app. What do you use this for (whitepages app)?

What I'm saying is sometimes I'll just hit my mail button and a bunch will come through. Other times I can send an email from the computer and it comes through immediately???? I don't get it?

I'll check whitepages app. What do you use this for (whitepages app)?
who is your mail provider? i'm using 'mobile me' account for my iPhone. over the weekend, into monday i had a delay of several hours. sent several test emails to the mobile me from a hotmail account, nothing. then they all came in. i wrote it off to mobile me mail server being busy and bursting the mail.

who is your mail provider? i'm using 'mobile me' account for my iPhone. over the weekend, into monday i had a delay of several hours. sent several test emails to the mobile me from a hotmail account, nothing. then they all came in. i wrote it off to mobile me mail server being busy and bursting the mail.

I'm using yahoo. The geek at the apple store told me to look into something called 'Box Car' for Iphone.
I just don't get why most of the time 95% I can be on the phone with someone and they will send me an email and my phone goes off right away.

Other times I hit the mail and a crap load come through. It shouldn't be like that, at least I wouldn't think so........

I'm using yahoo. The geek at the apple store told me to look into something called 'Box Car' for Iphone.
I just don't get why most of the time 95% I can be on the phone with someone and they will send me an email and my phone goes off right away.

Other times I hit the mail and a crap load come through. It shouldn't be like that, at least I wouldn't think so........
years ago it was the only way it worked. in the company i work for, all the emails would stay in a queue, every two hours we open an dedicated t1 and sent them all at the same time. they would go to other servers who would wait unitl there time came to burst. on and on. it was to conserve bandwidth. the mail service i use now does pretty much the same thing. email and instant texting are two different things.

"I'll check whitepages app. What do you use this for (whitepages app)?"

Whitepages is like having a phone directory for the entire USA for residences and businesses as well as reverse lookup fight in your phone that works lightning fast.

If that weren't enough, it gives you an instant map to their house and the google pictures of their neighborhood. So everytime you look up a contact it makes it easier than ever to see their house too.

If you want to add them to your contact database you just tap that option and there they are.

"I'll check whitepages app. What do you use this for (whitepages app)?"

Whitepages is like having a phone directory for the entire USA for residences and businesses as well as reverse lookup fight in your phone that works lightning fast.

If that weren't enough, it gives you an instant map to their house and the google pictures of their neighborhood. So everytime you look up a contact it makes it easier than ever to see their house too.

Which would be a really good thing if your appointment was someplace like......

nyp-15.jpg

Back