SMB Bookkeeping software

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
For many years I have used Quicken for my business banking and bookkeeping software. Since they were booted by Intuit it is nothing but trouble.

Looking for something that works. Quickbooks (owned by Intuit) gets mixed reviews and marginal ratings. most of the newer programs are cloud based. Not sure I want to do that even though I do use "the cloud" for other information including Carbonite for HD backup.

The so-called "free" programs come with pressure to upgrade to their paid services and other marketing services. I tried a couple and don't like them plus all the phone calls to try their other services. would rather go with a paid service.

Looking at Zoho Books, Xero, Freshbooks and AccountEdge (formerly Peachtree).

Any recommendations?

Just need ability to download bank statement and run basic reports for my CPA. The ability to import Quicken files is a plus but that seems to be almost non-existent even with Quickbooks.

We currently use LessAccounting.com, but have used both Freshbooks.com and Bench.co in the past, all three are Cloud Based, but the Monthly Bank Statement Auto Import and Reconciliation is huge time savers...

You can either go free one i.e wave accounting or Xero depending on your requirements. I tried quickbooks hosting for one of my previous clients as they needed extensive features for cloud accounting. You were right that quickbooks has some mixed reviews but it seems to be popular among the US, UK people.

Regards,
Adrian

Back