Smokers and IULs

MIM

Guru
100+ Post Club
Ok, so I've looked at the list of more recent threads and I haven't seen any but I was wondering what the more preferable carriers would be for smokers. You can easily run a compulife quote for term and guls or use a quote engine for final expense but obviously you can't for iuls simply because there are way more moving parts. So you would have to run each illustration separately which can be time consuming.

I already know what the basic list is for non smokers but what is it for smokers ? Let's assume the scenario is a 40 year old male smoker within height and weight guidelines and no other health issues or legal issues. Thanks guys!

Also, for all you par whole life guys please feel free to chime in on par whole life carriers that are great with smokers too. (I like par whole life too.)

Please no hating and please be kind. I have no desire to start another fight club thread. As always, I am very grateful for everyone's contribution.

MIM :GEEK::idea:

AXA's new BrightLife IUL product had better CV than JH for a NON-smoker case recently. See what they look like. it's hard to beat Hancock's IUL.

The companies that are more competitive for smokers on other products will be the same with IUL. A company looks at smoking from a broader prospective than just product lines.

But imo the more important issue is how competitive the features of the policy are. And for that North American/Midland, LFG, & Pac are the top 3. (ING too but their comdex is in the toilet)

The companies that are more competitive for smokers on other products will be the same with IUL. A company looks at smoking from a broader prospective than just product lines.

But imo the more important issue is how competitive the features of the policy are. And for that North American/Midland, LFG, & Pac are the top 3. (ING too but their comdex is in the toilet)

Yes, no surprise on those names. They're very popular. What's your take on Minnesota Life and Allianz ? I've heard those names get thrown out several times too. Thanks Scagnt!

MIM

Yes, no surprise on those names. They're very popular. What's your take on Minnesota Life and Allianz ? I've heard those names get thrown out several times too. Thanks Scagnt!

MIM

Not a big fan of ML when I reviewed their product. Allianz is a good product though. If I remember correctly there was something about Allianz's loan provisions that I did not like as much as others mentioned.

I have been recently taking a look at Minn Life.....

Scagnt, I would be curious to hear what you didn't like. In doing side-by-side comparisons with PAC, LFG, N.A I found Minn outperforms these three at ages 45 and above. Minnesota's loan rates are fantastic and really seem to knock the doors off everyone else when building a policy for max premium/min death benefit and taking distributions in retirement.

I have been recently taking a look at Minn Life.....

Scagnt, I would be curious to hear what you didn't like. In doing side-by-side comparisons with PAC, LFG, N.A I found Minn outperforms these three at ages 45 and above. Minnesota's loan rates are fantastic and really seem to knock the doors off everyone else when building a policy for max premium/min death benefit and taking distributions in retirement.

It was a few years ago now so I don't remember. Very well could have a different product out now than what I looked at. Sounds like I need to revisit the product.

Back