SNL Offering Health Insurance to Agents?

mbiallas

Guru
100+ Post Club
I just saw something about this on an email from Tommy. Does anyone have details on the plan itself? The qualification are pretty simple. Also - are there other carriers that offer this to indy agents? I'm not interested in the captive crap.

Last edited:
This is the first I've heard of for Indy agents. You have to sell 7,500 3 months in a row to get it. It's not free, but is a great perk as it allows agents & their families to be a part of their group.

I believe it's through Blue Cross Blue Shield.

This is a joke. They let you be part of their group. There's no cost sharing I'm aware of so you're probably looking at $1200 plus a month for a family. If you don't keep up the production they will freeze the insurance . Get your own plan and don't count on anyone.

This is a joke. They let you be part of their group. There's no cost sharing I'm aware of so you're probably looking at $1200 plus a month for a family. If you don't keep up the production they will freeze the insurance . Get your own plan and don't count on anyone.

They sort of made sense pre-ACA. People who were uninsurable at least had an option, all be it an expensive one. Now, no real reason for it unless we go back to individual underwriting on health insurance. Even then, people will probably have an option to keep what they have.

Back