Snowbirds and Individual Health Insurance

Charlesnaz

Hello, I'm Charles and new to this forum. My wife and I are approaching 60, out of the labor market and we're having some difficulty finding an individual health insurance plan that fits my situation.

I spend roughly equal time in Washington State and Arizona. Currently we have a PPO plan from a major insurer AZ that works OK in AZ but we find ourselves out of network the half the year we spend in Washington. It wasn't a problem when we were young and healthy but as we age I'm becoming concerned that we need a plan that will cover us in both states. I'm unable to locate an insurer that includes both states in their network of providers. It's been said there are no such insurers.

What do snowbirds do for health insurance? Our situation is far from unique, yet the best advice to date is a thoughtful shrug. Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Purchase a plan based on your primary residence that utilizes a national PPO network ......... if you can find such a beast.

There are a couple of AZ agents on this site. Maybe one of them will wander by and provide something more specific.

Hello, I'm Charles and new to this forum. My wife and I are approaching 60, out of the labor market and we're having some difficulty finding an individual health insurance plan that fits my situation.

I spend roughly equal time in Washington State and Arizona. Currently we have a PPO plan from a major insurer AZ that works OK in AZ but we find ourselves out of network the half the year we spend in Washington. It wasn't a problem when we were young and healthy but as we age I'm becoming concerned that we need a plan that will cover us in both states. I'm unable to locate an insurer that includes both states in their network of providers. It's been said there are no such insurers.

What do snowbirds do for health insurance? Our situation is far from unique, yet the best advice to date is a thoughtful shrug. Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Charles, I am in AZ, and yes I have a solution for you.
Call me at 928 252 2493
specifically, the ONLY plan that will serve your needs is OFF exchange Humana policy with National choice care PPO network:
More info here at this link
OFF Marketplace | Arizona Health Agent
https://www.humana.com/insurance-plan-quotes/AOALanding?SANID=1395458

Back