So Are Things Picking Up Yet?

Slow Eddie

Hello all,

I got my P&C license in CA almost 2 years ago at this point with plans to start cross selling truck insurance to my wifes permit clients.... but then the economy nose dived.

Now with the new year upon us, and myself trying to be optomistic by saying the worst is over, its festering in my brain again.

So how is business? Picking up? Still stagnate?

My fate is in your hands.

Thanks.

Eddie

Interesting question, and the answer varies a lot.
For me, it's stagnate to picking up, but not a lot.... We'll see how the rest of the month goes.

Dan

my state requires Car Ins. Even people without jobs still have to drive. I would think that the numbers would be almost the same before all of this mess for P and C in my State of Georgia.

I would also think that a lot of prospects would be out price shopping right now, trying to save some money and now is the best time to target them.

Many industries have flatten out, all that are attached to RE besides the wall street banks are still in decline... with UE picking up I think the trend will be down for the next couple years frankly.

I do think this is a great time to pick up market share, when the market comes back and people know your face they will think of you and call you first.

Picking up here in our world as well.Up 20+% for 09 and looking for more activity in 2010. Can't be afraid to market...especially in these "down" times. Good time to grab market share

Piggybacking off of Benefitsman's comments, my market segment is doing very well. I underwrite REO (Real Estate Owned) and Force Placed property coverage for small banks and asset managers. I am developing an informational product training call for P/C agents that would like to learn more about this product line. Feel free to ask for details.

Commercial business sucks right now. The market is soft and getting softer. In my part of the world, the reeling economy has business owners reeling. The rating bases of both sales and payroll are down leading to further premium reductions. I still love this business though.:goofy:

Piggybacking off of Benefitsman's comments, my market segment is doing very well. I underwrite REO (Real Estate Owned) and Force Placed property coverage for small banks and asset managers. I am developing an informational product training call for P/C agents that would like to learn more about this product line. Feel free to ask for details.

Very interesting niche... I am interested as I am in California's Central Valley which is pretty much ground zero for the mortgage meltdown. Send me a PM.

Back