So How Many Calls a Day Should I Make?

Have you recorded yourself and listened to it. We're our own worst critic.

Don't be too hard on yourself.:twitchy:

I actually did. I record myself using salesdialers' recording feature. When I hear myself it sounds to me like I'm not being very enthusiastic. I wanted to get a different point of view though. I'm trying to stay away from sounding too canned but I think I'm coming off as unenthusiastic by doing that.

I actually did. I record myself using salesdialers' recording feature. When I hear myself it sounds to me like I'm not being very enthusiastic. I wanted to get a different point of view though. I'm trying to stay away from sounding too canned but I think I'm coming off as unenthusiastic by doing that.

Keep recording yourself, but try to correct the things you're noticing. Keep listening until you're happy with it/seeing improved results.

Have you let your upline listen to your recordings? If not, do that...see what they say. Or pm me and I'll take a listen.

Back to what Moon said...grab a credit card and order your leads weekly. By the time you need the money to pay the bill, the leads should be in. If you don't want to invest in that, I'd tell you to get a targeted list and start door knocking.

Finally, why, if you have no money for FE leads are you looking at Med Sup. The money is much lower on first year commissions. It just seems like a backwards way of thinking. Build up your coffers, then start making the transition. Just my $.02

Have you let your upline listen to your recordings? If not, do that...see what they say. Or pm me and I'll take a listen.

Back to what Moon said...grab a credit card and order your leads weekly. By the time you need the money to pay the bill, the leads should be in. If you don't want to invest in that, I'd tell you to get a targeted list and start door knocking.

Finally, why, if you have no money for FE leads are you looking at Med Sup. The money is much lower on first year commissions. It just seems like a backwards way of thinking. Build up your coffers, then start making the transition. Just my $.02

THE WORSE ADVICE THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN ON THIS FORUM!!!!! You are actually telling another agent to load up his/her credit card for leads. What if they buy $300 worth of leads and they don't sell any of those clients. Advice like yours is why agents, at least 90% of them that fail, do so with more debt and are more broke than they were when they started.

THE WORSE ADVICE THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN ON THIS FORUM!!!!! You are actually telling another agent to load up his/her credit card for leads. What if they buy $300 worth of leads and they don't sell any of those clients. Advice like yours is why agents, at least 90% of them that fail, do so with more debt and are more broke than they were when they started.

Many successful businesses started by taking a loan, including credit cards. Not for everyone but a legit option.

I see more agents fizzle out than I do rack up credit card debt on a solid lead program and then fail. I would rather see a trained agent spend $2000 on leads and fail because they are not capable of this profession than someone get some leads here and there, close a few and slowly starve because they wouldnt take the leap.
Go big or go home. IMO failure rate is so high from lack of training, lack of leads and then going home.

I'll take the bait...:twitchy:

My advice was to Zen. Now in context, Zen has been all over the FE forum. I ASSumed that would be his focus. In FE, you gotta have leads...PERIOD!

To your question, what if they buy $300 and don't sell anything...who cares? It's way too small of a sample size to judge...seriously. 90% of agents fail because they die on the vine waiting for people to see. In FE and I'll quote Tim Winders here, "You've got to see the people, you've got to see the people and you've got to see the people"

80% of ALL business fail for a multitude of reasons, but do you know what the number 1 reason is??? UNDERCAPITALIZATION:1err:

So he's already said he's strapped...who's going to give him a loan for $2,000 for lead cost...not many personal lenders I know. Voila, a credit card. The 90% that fail end up more broke than before is because they couldn't sell...not because they put leads on a credit card, but if your advice makes you feel better...good on ya!

----------

I see more agents fizzle out than I do rack up credit card debt on a solid lead program and then fail. I would rather see a trained agent spend $2000 on leads and fail because they are not capable of this profession than someone get some leads here and there, close a few and slowly starve because they wouldnt take the leap.
Go big or go home. IMO failure rate is so high from lack of training, lack of leads and then going home.

Exactly! Go big or go home, don't half ass an attempt to start a new career.

****EDIT**** If you are going to respond to someone and tell them that the advice is bad...atleast get the verbiage correct. It should've read:

THE WORST (not worse) ADVICE...hehehe

Last edited:
Back