So How Many Calls a Day Should I Make?

Probably depends on the company and the quality of leads you are calling on.

Unless you already have a solid book of business I think at least 100 calls/day is required if you want to succeed in really any entry sales role.

If you can figure out how many calls the top performers at your company are making and even better when they are making their calls just follow what they do. I know a lot of insurance companies use call tracking tools like Gryphon or phone plug-ins to keep track of those call metrics.

For every 100 calls you will set 8.37 appointments and make 3.29 sales. :goofy:

Read Wino's post again.

Calling/using the phone is a learned, well practiced art. It just doesn't come naturally.

There are way too many variables from one agent to another to give a number. Does the agent know how to maintain control of the call and not let the prospect take control? Does he know the specific words to use to elicit the response he's looking for? Can he smoothly transition the phone call to a relaxed conversation? The weather can play an important part in the degree of success on any given day.

Pick up the phone, put your finger in the hole and turn the wheel. Keep turning the wheel until you get the results you are looking for. Selling insurance is work, it isn't for the person who only wants to work from 9-11 and 2-4.

If an agent can't call for an extended period of time then this may not be the best occupation for him. Eighty percent of this job is prospecting, only 20% is the fun part of writing apps and getting paid. This is a prospecting job not a selling job.

When starting out one should think in terms of ten hour days with 9.75 of those hours doing nothing but insurance related tasks. (Fifteen minutes a day is more than adequate time to go to the bathroom. :D)

Successful agents are those who will do what others won't.

Someone just reminded me of this thread. There is some good stuff in this. A lot of people that are no longer here.

While you need activity, focus on results (presentations/sales). You get paid to sell shit, not knock on doors or make phone calls.:idea:

Back