So How Many Calls a Day Should I Make?

I once read that new wirehouse brokers were expected to make 300 dials a day. What they did with the afternoon was up to them, they could take a nap under the desk for all the manager cared.

those numbers are not just for insurance companies. For any call center, their target amount of calls is 300+ calls per day. And yes it's doable, and yes it is hard. You should get about 20 conversations going and roughly 1 to 2 sales per day with those totals.

Hell you better take good notes, after 300+ calls my brain would be jello and I would have forgotten 15 of my conversations.. Make it a goal to actually "talk" to 7-10 new prospects a day regardless of how many calls you make and the sales will follow..

I once read that new wirehouse brokers were expected to make 300 dials a day. What they did with the afternoon was up to them, they could take a nap under the desk for all the manager cared.

That is exactly what I did, but you would be hard pressed to find rookies willing to make even 100 dials per day every day. Most fail by the way! I used to get in the office at 6:30, start dialing at 8 am, and I was usually out of the office no later than 2 pm running my meetings. 300 dials got me 30 to 40 contacts per day. Some days I would only do 200, but that was my minimum. I dialed every single day and won. No expert ability. No rich family. Pure hard work.

In my business, anything less than talking to as many people as humanly possible when you first start will put you smackdab in the bread and free cheese line.

Last edited:
When I make Calls I load up Callfire at the $2 per hour and I am on for 3 to 4 hours. often 200 to 250 calls per day easy.

I just started to work with callfire. I see you use the $2 hour per hour. Is it worth going with the $3 per hour for the 2 to 1 call ratio? The only other thing I can see it being good for is the recorded calls to listen and learn from your mistakes.

I am a new member to this forum, as well as to the insurance industry. Can someone please tell me where anyone (new to the industry or not) will obtain enough names to be able to call 200 to 300 people a day for any length of time? And, how reliable are these lists?

I am a new member to this forum, as well as to the insurance industry. Can someone please tell me where anyone (new to the industry or not) will obtain enough names to be able to call 200 to 300 people a day for any length of time? And, how reliable are these lists?

try josh he goes by the name medicareplansolutions

He said if i recommend anyone, i get lifetime lists along with the dialer for free...:biggrin:. ha ha...just kidding

I once talked to a very successful agent and asked him how he got his business started, he said cold calling. He said he would cold call all day until he had at least 5 appointments set up the next day and did it for first 5 years. That takes some determination. So how many appointments you can set up for the next day should determine how many calls you need.

He said if i recommend anyone, i get lifetime lists along with the dialer for free...:biggrin:. ha ha...just kidding

Last edited:

Thanks Jerry!

To answer RonRoberts question about the reliability, the industry average is around 85%+ and in my experience my lists run 95% +/-. If you want to e-mail "[email protected]" with what you're looking for or give me a call I'd be happy to find out what's available in your area. Plus, anyone that does sign up for the dialer with SalesDialers.com does get 500 free records.

Back