So I want to start recruiting....

This a great thread I hope it continues.

The reality is Most agents can only sell one line AND MOST AGENTS WE contract do not wind up selling much.

From what I have seen the best agents focus on one product and cross sell to only a couple of others. That provides marketing focus and product knowledge focus. If an agent isn't selling much either they don't have enough leads or they have achieved what they want to income wise. Not everyone is driven to high levels of income. Strange as it may seem.

There are good reasons to have your agents assign their commissions to you and thee are good reason NOT to do that. The best reason NOT to do it is that you will have to keep up with what everyone sells and their renewals. You'll probably have to hire someone to do that and have the software to do it. That could be very expensive.

A good reason to do it would be that, if the agent decides to get out of the business...you own the business and can do whatever you please with the money coming in.

Will you have control over releases? Yes, to a certain point. With some companies, the request from you would be just fine. With others it has to come from the highest source. If you are lined up correctly, they will do as you ask. We have no problems getting releases for any agent under us.

You should also consider other things such as contracting for your agents , tools for you and your agents, etc.

Here's the shameless plug part: We have the tools necessary to cover you and your agency. They are free to you. You can even take them with you if you decide to move your contracts away. And of course, we do release.

So far you are the only one to provide more than a cursory response. I just wanted to say thank you!

I'm definitely not broke. I dipped my toe into FE earlier this year and failed miserably, but learned a lot. I'm not rushing into recruiting either. Just aligning my contracts might be a 6 month process if I can't get releases (and NCC in Knoxville has held me up before). In the meantime I want to learn more about what all is involved in being an up line AND I want to deliver more than I have experienced myself. Just like anybody I encounter new agents and struggling agents on a regular basis. I try my best to give them the lay of the land and what all the different routes are in this industry (captive, independent, MAPD, Annuities, FE, etc). I also share my struggles of NOT focusing my business for years and how that negatively affected my paycheck. So, I do think I have some thing to offer and I do think I have those coaching/mentoring and administrative skills to build a downlink. I'm also not jumping into recruiting tomorrow. I do want to start building a foundation for it though.
If “you’ve dipped your toe in FE”, the last thing you need to do is recruit agents:)

In my, ever so humble, opinion one of the key things with new agents (or old ones) is knowing that Marketing is the key skill underlying a successful career. Knowing your product, being ethical, actually working...those things have to be there. But if you can't develop leads or buy leads you are in for a long slow grind. Believe it or not, no one ever told me that earlier in my career. The idea that I shouldn't recruit after 7 years of hard lessons in the business is one opinion. Not one I'm gonna pay much attention to. I will attract at least some agents for no other reason but honesty.

Latest posts

Back