SOA - Wtf?

zwcoop

Expert
So, this is my first AEP being independent and my head is spinning.

Besides for the headache and learning curve of learning every carrier's technologies and processes, I feel like I am fundamentally confused by what I'm suppose to be doing as far a scopes. My understanding is that CMS would prefer for us to get a SOA form filled out 48hrs before the meeting (although I know they will let you do them in real time as well) but I am confused as to how this is suppose to go.

How would I possibly know which carrier to get a SOA signed for before meeting with the client? I feel I'm missing something?

Lets say I purchase a web lead and call up Betty Jo and find out she is interested in learning about Rx plans or MAPDs ... so I set an appointment (either in person or over the phone). Before I've gotten a list of her meds/pcp how would I possibly know what carrier to get a scope signed for?

Thanks, Rick.

That's essentially what I have been doing for people I meet with and then just doing the electronic one with them real time if it's over the phone. I just feel like it's an unnecessary bother that really serves no purpose. I have spent WAY more time figuring out things like this than I have spent selling insurance. I feel like I am doing EVERYTHING in the least efficient way possible at this point but I guess that's what they call a learning curve

It is completely stupid and pointless, but as long as there are agents out there trying to get slick with people, those of us who do things the right way will have extra work. I do exactly what GreenSky said. I don’t know until I sit down with someone which direction we are going in as far as companies.

Keep it simple. Anytime the topic of Medicare comes up, AHIP out your SOA and sign. Done. It’s beyond easy. The Silverscript one is so easy to use if need to be emailed.

Back