Social Media Content - what Do You Do?

indienoise

Guru
100+ Post Club
I don't have time to create social media content but I desperately need to get it flowing, and need something low cost. What do you independent agents use? Hootsuite? Hearsay social? Something else? I am open to suggestions.

All I do is ask every new client to like my business page after I write them. My page has around 1,050 likes and I don't get any business from it really. Maybe one day. Focus on referrals. I'm pretty sure you're in the bum ghettos & they may not even have computers unless they're temporarily in possession of a computer immediately after stealing it & before pawning it.

I knew an agent who spent $800/month on a company to handle all their social medial blah blah and they got a page with 109 likes. They shared informative posts every day but nobody cared

I get maybe one or two calls a month from internet searches. I am at the bottom of the first page when you Google insurance in my town. Everything I learned regarding web sites social media I gathered from this site and other agents, for free. When we post content I mention for instance new life products, or its time for Medicare open enrollment, the best ones are "we just saved a family from this town 2k a year on there insurance and increased their coverage from __ to ___." And I go into some details about the coverage. I also have my customers post to their facebook something about the service and prices they got when switching to me.

I'm not looking to make a bunch of sales off social media - not directly, anyway. I want to use it to help promote my referral program, but I don't want to do nothing but push it on my followers, I just want content to keep me at the forefront of their mind, stuff they'll find interesting.

After some digging, I'm trying out Swayy. Their really basic program is free, you just pay to add analytics reports and that sort of thing. Which will be worth a few bucks a month, I'm sure. I'm going to spend the next week or two seeing what kind of content they provide and go from there.

I like hoot suite, I haven't tried much else because it does pretty much everything I need. I just schedule a few posts to my networks on Sunday or Monday for the entire week. I also use Fiver/Elance to outsource my research for relevant content and content creation (saves a lot of time)

Having a social media presence is necessary these days. People check your facebook to get a feel for the company but no one reads the post. Google is the new yellow pages. Get clients to give you google reviews and have a facebook to show who you are as a company. Anything else will just be a waste of time.

I don't expect to get much. It's just so my Facebook presence "exists" and continues to grow. So long as I have >1,000 likes I think it shows the average consumer that we are legitimate. If not, oh well.

I don't expect to get much. It's just so my Facebook presence "exists" and continues to grow. So long as I have >1,000 likes I think it shows the average consumer that we are legitimate. If not, oh well.

I'd be willing to bet it would be a worthwhile investment for you, too. With the kind of numbers you say you're putting up, even if your retention is already good, I would be concerned with keeping it that way. Keep yourself in your clients' minds. Having helpful content or just simply reminding them you're there, in a non-invasive way, to maintain an emotional connection for them.

Back