Social Security Disability on the Verge of Insolvency

I spent a year in West Virginia. Up in the hills, the young men go to work in the coal mine and one of the first things they learn is how to get injured and get disability. It's a family tradition. They can then buy a mobile home, a pickup truck with a gun rack and go fishing and hunting the rest of their life.

I spent a year in West Virginia. Up in the hills, the young men go to work in the coal mine and one of the first things they learn is how to get injured and get disability. It's a family tradition. They can then buy a mobile home, a pickup truck with a gun rack and go fishing and hunting the rest of their life.

That is true. I have a brother-in-law in Eastern Kentucky who gets black lung, Army partial disability, and SSI disability. He is either fishing or hunting from daylight until dark. He loves to fish bass tournaments.

I once owned an assisted living facility where we needed a daytime manager. She asked that we pay her under the table so she could continue her disability payments. Never did figure out what was wrong with her. She looked fine to me.

I once owned an assisted living facility where we needed a daytime manager. She asked that we pay her under the table so she could continue her disability payments. Never did figure out what was wrong with her. She looked fine to me.

Gosh and you even avoided having to matching FICA taxes. Score all around!

Back