social security income and ex-spouses

keith365

Super Genius
I'm speaking with a guy who would like to know the likelihood of of being able to qualify for Medicaid. Based on his monthly income, I told him that he probably wouldn't. But then I discovered that his ex-wife is receiving half of his social security every month. Does Medicaid take this info consideration when determining if he'd qualify or not? Thanks!

medicaid is for people that didn't work 40 quarters or didn't make substantial income. It is medicare that goes to people that worked 40 uarters

No because i know people that worked as waiters that never made enough to get medicare. I know a few people that get both. I'm not going to argue but i have helped people get on both. Have family that are case workers

I was able to get social security disability without using a lawyer. I am choosing to go back to work. If we were animals i would be that one the lions would go after. I have an aunt that worked in a bar her whole life as a barmaid. She worked 44 years full time but never made shit. She is on medicare.

No because i know people that worked as waiters that never made enough to get medicare. I know a few people that get both. I'm not going to argue but i have helped people get on both. Have family that are case workers

Medicare has zero to do with how much you make. If you pay into Medicare for forty quarters (10years) or married to someone that has, you get it at 65. There’s other ways but that’s the most basic way.
Of course you can help people get both but the OP said his ex wife is taking half of his SS. He is confused. The wife isn’t lowering his SS check, she is just getting SS based on his amount.
I’m not sure how this thread has derailed

Medicare has zero to do with how much you make. If you pay into Medicare for forty quarters (10years) or married to someone that has, you get it at 65. There’s other ways but that’s the most basic way.
Of course you can help people get both but the OP said his ex wife is taking half of his SS. He is confused. The wife isn’t lowering his SS check, she is just getting SS based on his amount.
I stated you have to pay into it for 40 quarters or someone has to. But if you are
i told himyou had to pay into social security for 40 quarters. I also stated you can get bothif you take the tme to back and read. I also know a few people that never married and were barmaids and waitresses. They never made enough money to get get medicare. It could be that the tax figures for baby boomers on a waitress was 2.15 cents back in the 80's. They had to include in the money they made for tips at 3.5%on sales. Maybe that is why they get less than 700 for social security. Both of these ladies only get medicaid. Not sure why but that is how it is. Maybe they are getting screwed by the govt.

I stated you have to pay into it for 40 quarters or someone has to. But if you are

i told himyou had to pay into social security for 40 quarters. I also stated you can get bothif you take the tme to back and read. I also know a few people that never married and were barmaids and waitresses. They never made enough money to get get medicare. It could be that the tax figures for baby boomers on a waitress was 2.15 cents back in the 80's. They had to include in the money they made for tips at 3.5%on sales. Maybe that is why they get less than 700 for social security. Both of these ladies only get medicaid. Not sure why but that is how it is. Maybe they are getting screwed by the govt.

It’s pretty simple, they didn’t pay into MEDICARE for 40 quarters. It doesn’t matter how much you make.
They aren’t getting screwed by the govt, they screwed themselves. Waitresses and barmaids get Medicare if they pay in. My mom was one her whole life.

Back