Social Selling: LinkedIn, MyFace, Insta-Twit because Cold Calling is DEAD

I have had a roller coaster ride my first 12 months. Went to a lot of Chamber events, Network events, Outbound calls, and in the Social Media World it seems that cold calling is dead. Now you and I know that targeted Outbound phone calls will work and will continue to work but it would be nice to generate more inbound calls because I find the close ratio on them is rather high.

That said, does anyone in here really understand this platform? From personal experience I tend not to buy in the end when I am not working with an associate from the company. I have never transacted a policy without some real interaction with the client. Just working up a quote, email it, signed and return, never. And yet so many new age digital media folks are bashing cold calls which really is an umbrella for ALL OUTBOUND calls.

Is anyone converting inquiries from social media? I have read up on it, been sent "social media" tips direct from authors thru Linked In, still it just seems like a mystery. No agency I know of around my area is spending any kind of money on social media presence and awareness, what say you?

I don't think cold calling is dead. I've sold plenty of policies through this method, even if it appears to be outdated.

Also, from my experience agencies have been slow to adopt social media into their game plan. Not all of them, but a solid amount of them.

I definitely recommend you spending some of your marketing budget on Facebook ads, and giving it a try.

One method you can use is provide value to the prospect in exchange for you giving them a free quote. An example, give them a free checklist on how to save money on car insurance, in exchange for their contact info.

Capturing their data can be done by using Wufoo Forms, and lead pages as your online tools. Look into them if you're serious about getting new leads on social media.

Back