Social Workers Promoting Obamacare

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Some of this is a few months old but still noteworthy. Also might open your eyes to new marketing opportunities.

https://www.socialworkers.org/pubs/news/2013/09/affordable-care-act.asp?back=yes

NASW also is participating, under the leadership of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, on the Criminal Justice and the Mental Health/Substance Abuse Affordable Care Act Enrollment Coalitions, said Mel Wilson, manager of NASW’s Department of Social Justice and Human Rights. The coalitions comprise a number of national criminal justice and behavioral health provider organizations, national associations and government agencies that have the capacity to disseminate detailed ACA enrollment information to a large number of professionals, he said.

socialworkblog.org » Blog Archive » Social workers encouraged to promote consumer enrollment in ACA health exchange plans

NASW has produced a helpful consumer guide with information on the enrollment process and the benefits of the ACA for individuals and families.

Exchange plans are open to all US citizens and legal permanent residents (who have lived in the US for more than five years).

http://www.naco.org/programs/csd/Do...tation/County-Jails-HealthCare_WebVersion.pdf

Prospecting in county jails ................

I'm not about to go prospecting in jail, but isn't this what social workers are supposed to do? Help people who are poor or on the wrong path get their s%$t together?

I'm pretty sure that the social workers who rescued my step children from starvation and abuse to get them into the foster care system, where they were available for adoption, weren't trying to keep them poor.

If you knew the foster care system the way I do, you might have a different view, but I am glad it worked out for them.

Prospecting in county jails ................

How many ACA plans did you write when the exchange was open?

Did all your apps look different than the ones I was helping my customers with?

Pfft, one of the qualifiers for the plan were that you were not currently incarcerated. In some cases some people were asked to show proof that they weren't.:nah:

Kruger, you should click the link above if you want info about Obamacrap and county jails.

I didn't write any subsidized apps and never will. That is not my market. Just trying to help out Peeler and others who are always looking for sales opportunities.

somarco, when you do an app like you mentioned in the process it states "If you’re incarcerated, you can’t use the Marketplace to buy a private insurance plan. But after you’re released you can."

The data I'm getting is based off of all the apps I did write both on and off the exchange.

I commend you for trying to help, but passing off misinformation helps no one.

My 3 cents....keep the change.

he knows if you're in jail, you can't buy insurance.

What he's recommending, is that some of you desperate agents stand outside near the bus stop upon their jail release, or take the Warden out to dinner/golf.

"So Mr Warden, you say Cutthroat Curt is getting out next monday due to mistrial.....heh?"

Back