Software

pfsthib

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
Anyone use a contact software? Something to track commissions? I remember someone used excel spreadsheets. Any samples posted are appreciated. I would like a program that would track clients, products and commissions. Low cost or free of course. :D Thanks

pfsthib said:
Anyone use a contact software? Something to track commissions? I remember someone used excel spreadsheets. Any samples posted are appreciated. I would like a program that would track clients, products and commissions. Low cost or free of course. :D Thanks

I use E-Z Data's Smart Office5...but that is a bit pricy, it is a browser based application that runs $36.00 monthly.

You might be able to simply get some ACT! software and customize fields for your commision tracking.

Someone here on the forum uses excel, that's a abit of work to set up in IMHO.

For what it does, Smart Office is a bargain for me.

Here's a link: http://www.ez-data.com

The two biggest things in CRM are:

1. Finding something comfortable for you to use, or learn how to use.
2. Use all the time to track everything.

Good luck!

I don't know if this will be of any help to anyone:

http://www.jaya123.com

It was not built for the insurance biz however it has a lot of CRM (slice and dice of a database) in it, and it is fairly cheap to use and it all web-based (nothing to download and install.... runs in your browser. Demo is free to 'tire-kick'.)

DISCLAIMER: I am part owner of the company that provides Jaya123 and I'm also the person who WROTE the system. Once I have more experience in the insurance biz maybe I'll figure out how to write something for this industry. (I initially wrote Jaya123 for my book publishing biz and others liked it so I made a small biz out of it. I'm burned out of software (30 years +) and want to do something different, something more 'people oriented" which is why I'm starting a small insurance biz.)

Al

johncm said:
has anyone checked out Norvax qouting and lead system. Looks nice, kinda pricy.

Their leads are the worst I have ever had, as far as their software, I have found it to be pretty top-notch, I have a website package with them and have found it to be an excellant system, although a bit pricy as you have said.

They do best on the design and software side of the business, not the lead generation.

I have been looking at ACT. You can get an add on called act4advisors which looks real good. Kind of pricy. I have been loking for something for someone on a budget.

ACT On It

I bought ACT 2006 last spring when I was with NASE and love the software. If price is an issue, I would recommend that you set-up an excel sheet. At least obtain a demo from the company to see the things that ACT can do. Make sure you buy the book because you will need it to navigate the software.

-J.R.

i use enet agent... designed by a health insurance agent... with the help of one of my buddies...... he needs to upgrade his server and if you talk to him say i heard your server sucks and it can be kinda slow... but i love the software... use my name, i want a deal..lol

www.enetagent.com is the site

ACT software

I've used ACT! contact software a lot in the past. The previous versions were great. After 2006 you begin to see problems. I'd purchased the latest version this past year & it was HUGE! I had a new computer with loads of memory & the program brought my machine to its knees. Make sure you need all of the functions that come with it.

If all you want is a tracking mechanism, you can start with a spreadsheet & later you can import it into the CRM package you end up choosing.

I've also tried to use a program called Prophet that is something that actually works as a part of Outlook. Might be good for some, but my problem is that I use a smartphone & when I had to synchronize contacts, I didn't want an entire prospect file being loaded into my phone. Couldn't figure out how to not have that happen since it integrates with Outlook.

Other off the shelf packages you may want to look at are Maximizer & Goldmine. similar to ACT in many ways - but I do think Maximizer is designed to take up less computer space. I find it to be a cumbersome program, but do know others in sales who love it.

Good luck.

Back