Some People Man.....

dgoldenz

Virginia
Got an entire health history for a family of 4, pre-screened with all carriers we sell, Humana comes back the best option. Family is paying $1400/month right now with Kaiser, Humana's copay plan with $2500 deduct. & unlimited Rx comes in at $472/month and one of only 2 carriers not to rider out the conditions. The other carrier was much more expensive for the same benefit level.

WHATCHU MEAN I GOTTA PAY $9000 IF WE IN THE HOSPITAL?!?! YOU KNOW IF WE GO TO THE HOSPITAL THEY WON'T REFUSE ME SERVICE SO YOU KNOW WHAT, I'LL JUST GO WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE!! DON'T CALL ME BACK!!!

But ma'am....NO SIR, DON'T CALL ME! Thanks for your time ma'am. :goofy:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh, and in this instance, this lovely quote comes from a person whose son spent 12 days in the hospital when his appendix burst and whose husband had major knee surgery. Who said insurance was boring?

Last edited:
How they are paying the current $1400/month is beyond me...

Did you verify this or just take their word for it?

What is their OOP with the KP plan?

What were they going to do with the $900+ monthly premium savings you showed them?

This is one of those "what just happened" calls. That you just thought couldn't go wrong but leaves you scracthing your head
:swoon:

Did you verify this or just take their word for it?

What is their OOP with the KP plan?

What were they going to do with the $900+ monthly premium savings you showed them?

Took their word for it - is there a way to verify this without being their agent of record?

They did not know the OOP or even the deductible they currently have, but thought it might have been $1000. I was in the process of pointing out the $900/month savings would cover the entire $9k over the course of the year and have money left over even in the worst case scenario when I got that response. I tried to interject, but sometimes it's not worth the trouble.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The thing that gets me is I went over the same exact base premiums the day before and she was very nice about it and sounded appreciative that we could save them $900+/month. As the above poster said, scratching my head a bit. Maybe she had a bad day.

Last edited:
Took their word for it - is there a way to verify this without being their agent of record?

If you suspect they are playing you, ask (in a non-threatening way) to see their policy. Tell them you just want to verify benefits, make sure they are not being ripped off by the carrier.

The initial premium will be in the policy. Depending on how long they have had it, should be close to the $1400 they say they are paying now.

Is that $1400 per month or quarter?

They did not know the OOP or even the deductible they currently have, but thought it might have been $1000.

All the more reason to see their policy.

Most folks have no idea what they have. Tell them you want to do a policy audit . . . again, that is to protect them against KP ripping them off with benefits they don't need.

KP is good about honoring AOR letters, at least here they are. I have quite a few clients via AOR. Tell your prospect you can better serve them if you are their agent.

sometimes it's not worth the trouble.

Absolutely.

the day before and she was very nice about it and sounded appreciative

Something she is not telling you. Forget it. Move on.

If you suspect they are playing you, ask (in a non-threatening way) to see their policy. Tell them you just want to verify benefits, make sure they are not being ripped off by the carrier.

The initial premium will be in the policy. Depending on how long they have had it, should be close to the $1400 they say they are paying now.

Is that $1400 per month or quarter?

All the more reason to see their policy.

Most folks have no idea what they have. Tell them you want to do a policy audit . . . again, that is to protect them against KP ripping them off with benefits they don't need.

KP is good about honoring AOR letters, at least here they are. I have quite a few clients via AOR. Tell your prospect you can better serve them if you are their agent.

Absolutely.

Something she is not telling you. Forget it. Move on.

All very good points and I will definitely take this advice into consideration in the future. Thanks.

Back