Some questions for those who text their leads when they can't get them on the phone

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
I've experimented around texting my net leads when i can't get them on the phone with very limited success. Its really tough to get people on the phone and i'm door knocking big time.Just want to get feed back from agents who text their net and direct mail leads and what type of success you've had? My former appt setter who calls for agents nationwide and has been doing so for 5 yrs is about to quit as she can't get people to answer.

I have been in this business a long time and have worked all types of leads. Years ago TM worked until the data dried up. Tried DM and that didn't work for me long term and my appointment setter quit for the reason you mentioned. Now I am buying FB leads from various vendors. I call and e-mail them with little or no results. Usually at least 3 days a week I door knock. If not for doing this I probably wouldn't make any sales.
Found that leads are strictly to create activity. Doesn't matter what type you work you need to try to contact them ASAP. I personally don't think one type is any better than the other. People are bombarded so they are not sure why you showed up at their door. Had a lady tell me yesterday that an agent stopped by last week so I know she inquired more than once. An older man followed me out and asked if I came by because of the card he mailed in. So what I am saying is that if you buy leads and don't work them for a month when you do finally make contact most people won't know if you are there from them mailing in a card or from them going online. By not working leads ASAP you do however run a risk of another agent seeing them first because most people Inquire more than once.

Yes. Our agents text a screenshot of their Facebook lead card with this text:

“Hey Mrs Mary, I saw that you requested some information on the final expense programs. I’m going to be out your way tomorrow delivering some information to your neighbors and I just needed to know if mornings or afternoons work better for you?”

Usually will get another 3-5 schedule appts on top of their 3-5 from our built in followup.

Now technically you can’t do that with Direct Mail. Our Facebook lead prospects are opting in to receive SMS messages, so we are compliant.

The Leads That Schedule Themselves

Are you saying that I could get up to 10 appointments without making a phone call? 5 from sending a text and 5 from built in followup. Do you have to be your agent to buy your leads?

Are you saying that I could get up to 10 appointments without making a phone call? 5 from sending a text and 5 from built in followup. Do you have to be your agent to buy your leads?

Correct and no you don’t have to be our agent.

The scheduled appts will fluctuate of course. Seems to be 20-25% of the time.

You will get some weeks where no one scheduled, and some weeks where 40-50% schedule.

Worked 21 FB leads this week. I called, e-mailed and texted. Ended up door knocking. Was only able make contact with 12. 7 not interested, 3 call backs and 2 sales. 6 of the 12 had talked with another agent recently and some bought. 1 of my sales had bought and was declined because of a very old MIB. The others were treated right by the agent so I couldn't replace what they had and I walked away. I may try some of your leads, but am skeptical that the results would be any different. Hopefully will make 1 or 2 more sales when I do get in front of ones I haven't seen yet.

Back