Some Quick General Help Please...

Diddo everything that has been said.

And It wouldn't hurt to carry a couple FE companies in your bag and cross sell that along the way.

I absolutely plan to do that as well. I'm probably not going to be a straight up telemarketing guy, as I'd probably have to hang myself. So tell me what are ya'lls thoughts on the one best lead generation source throwing capital requirements out the window. In other words, where is your best ROI? Thanks for all the advice so far.

My only experience was when I was new, I had signed up with One FMO for some carriers, I hod some internet and mailer leads and I was getting some deal's but I was keeping my eye out for maybe less expensive options. Then I got a call from a recruiter wanted me to sign for 2 carriers with his FMO and I would get a free 2K mailer,Only he didn't tell me till afterwards I had to buy a list, After I did that and called him he said wait till the carriers approve me and send me welcome letter in mail. Except when the welcome letters came so did the mail oversized mail pieces, That I had to pay postage and mail myself After all that I got no response and decided to call the list. I tell you if I hadn't already had sales coming in already from my other efforts, I would have thought this buis impossible. Got 0 sales, many of angry hang ups, Just a waste of time for me

Free leads are always the most expensive leads any agent will ever buy. Puts most of them right out of business because the 2nd half of that scam is usually substandard commissions.

Again it all depends on your cash-flow situation.

You need to budget for a longer cycle when mailing to T-65. Plus your competing with all the carriers with big pockets.

Or you can pick up the phone, write an app, save a senior money, and get paid as soon as the next day!

MoO and few other carriers are getting the interview done and policy issued same day right now, and commission paid in 24 hours!

That helps!

Again it all depends on your cash-flow situation.

You need to budget for a longer cycle when mailing to T-65. Plus your competing with all the carriers with big pockets.

Or you can pick up the phone, write an app, save a senior money, and get paid as soon as the next day!

MoO and few other carriers are getting the interview done and policy issued same day right now, and commission paid in 24 hours!

That helps!

I do have some cash and as stated originally, can probably go 6 months or so without any income (although I'd like to not do that).:) With that being said, I don't want to wait 6 months to start writing policies either.

Free leads are always the most expensive leads any agent will ever buy. Puts most of them right out of business because the 2nd half of that scam is usually substandard commissions.

Agreed that experience was a valuable lesson, That has served me well in all my following dealing with FMO's

Needless to say I never sold anything for that FMO save 1 deal,But I have a couple Great FMO's I work with today

I do have some cash and as stated originally, can probably go 6 months or so without any income (although I'd like to not do that).:) With that being said, I don't want to wait 6 months to start writing policies either.

I gave you a solution to this (not having to wait 6mos to start making $$) in my earlier post.... How to get the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Like everyone is saying, the best ROI is the toughest sales, like cold calling or TM. Internet leads and DM have lower ROI but it's easier. Best bet is to try all of them and see how you do

I'm a fan of diversification of marketing efforts, I think the most successful agents/agencies are drawing from multiple sources.

That being said, using telemarketed leads for Medicare Supplements has a proven track record.

Yielding a strong ROI and a quick delivery - they can get you up and running in no time as other agents mentioned in this thread.

Be careful of paralysis by analysis.

With enough "sweat equity" you will see results in almost any effort.

Good luck!

The most expensive leads are the ones you can't close because you don't know your market or product. There is a learning curve with any new product line, and Medicare is about as far away from P&C as you can get.

Not only is it a different product line, the sales process is more elongated and requires building trust.

Back