Some Quick General Help Please...

If you are a Gamecock, the cards are stacked against you from the beginning!
That said, I'll try to help... :D

Med Supp premiums vary considerably by state and commissions vary considerably by company and contract level. The SC-specific answers to your questions are:
-T65 premium average: $105/mo; Over-65 premium average: $125/mo
-FYC: 21% average - depends on who you are writing. Some in SC as low as 18% and as high as 23%
-Renewals: 6 years level at same percentage as FYC

Few other suggestions...
-Take advance for the first year and eventually switch to 'as earned'
-If you have the $$$ to do so, set a monthly 'marketing budget' and stick to it. Try one 'new' sales-generation strategy each month that fits within that budget - i.e. buy internet leads in March, TM in April, DM in May, etc. See what you like and have the most success with, then do more of that.
-Don't assign your commissions or sign any contract without comparing to 2-3 others
-Don't over-contract - sounds like you are going to work your local area primarily at first. You just need to focus on 3-5 insurance companies that are most competitive in your market

If you are a Gamecock, the cards are stacked against you from the beginning!
That said, I'll try to help... :D

Med Supp premiums vary considerably by state and commissions vary considerably by company and contract level. The SC-specific answers to your questions are:
-T65 premium average: $105/mo; Over-65 premium average: $125/mo
-FYC: 21% average - depends on who you are writing. Some in SC as low as 18% and as high as 23%
-Renewals: 6 years level at same percentage as FYC

Few other suggestions...
-Take advance for the first year and eventually switch to 'as earned'
-If you have the $$$ to do so, set a monthly 'marketing budget' and stick to it. Try one 'new' sales-generation strategy each month that fits within that budget - i.e. buy internet leads in March, TM in April, DM in May, etc. See what you like and have the most success with, then do more of that.
-Don't assign your commissions or sign any contract without comparing to 2-3 others
-Don't over-contract - sounds like you are going to work your local area primarily at first. You just need to focus on 3-5 insurance companies that are most competitive in your market

If I was starting a football team, I'd probably even agree with the first part. :cool:

But never the less, I appreciate the rest of your advice, as well as all the others in this thread. I am still a bit nervous, but have generally succeeded at most things I have tried, so hopefully this will work just as well.

Back