Somebody Get Me a Doctor! Selling tip #1

G

While we are able to deal with multiple companies and all of the largest networks, sometimes we’re unable to find a particular doctor in those networks and the sale can potentially blow up in our faces.

I started thinking:

“Is there anything that can I do to get rid of this obstacle?”

I came up with a few ideas that work very well. if you haven't discovered this idea yet, try them, I've had a lot of success with it.

If I was unable to find the doctor:

First, I always double-checked the spelling of the doctor’s name, the most obvious choice.

But, I've had clients who didn't know the correct spelling of their doctor, so if it still wouldn’t come up, I would then search using the first few initials that I knew logically had to be spelled correctly. Not as obvious.

If I still had no luck, then I started asking clients the following question:

“Is your doctor’s name on the door of the practice?”

What an eye opener when the first one I tried it on said “no, it’s not.”

Good start I thought. Then I asked the following questions as needed.

Do you know the name of the main doctor there?
Do you have the phone number?
Do you know of another doctor whose name is on the door?
Grab your medication!"

I’m sure you get the point.

One way or another, I’m going to try to find out if they accept the insurance we discerned is best for the client or what network they are affiliated with. This way I can accommodate my client and eliminate their concerns.

And you know if the client calls up the doctor and asks the receptionist, do you guys take ______? That's not always the right question t ask, the office might only know the network, not the name Time or something less common than Blue Cross. This is why I try to control the situation, so that it doesn't go awry.

Now, what happens if our only option is to call the doctors office and I’m working after normal business hours?

I close the sale. Usually something like this:

“Let’s do this. We’ll get the policy submitted for you right now, and since it won’t get issued overnight, tomorrow we’ll call the doctor’s office and see what networks they’re in. If we need to make a change we’ll have no problem doing that.”

Doing this has two benefits:

1. It allows me to get the sale.
2. It show the client that after I close the sale, I’ll still be working for them, which, by the way, also helps to get the sale.

Even though it's not that often, the only trouble I've encountered is an HMO doctor under contract that seemingly accepts nothing else, ugh.

Good tips. Thank you for sharing some of you material. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

I suspect that 90% of what John has on his association site can be found on this website. It might be down to 80%. He's probably created some new stuff.

You could probably post 90% of your stuff on this forum and still get people here paying you for training.

I used to hoard my ideas, but some time ago I realized that I was constantly refining the "wheel." I'll share version 2.0 because I know that v3 is being incubated.

If your training program is potent now, what will it be like when you take it to the next level? Yes, there is another level, and it will boost sales even more. The answer may not yet be obvious to you, but it is there when you are ready to see it.

Feed you mind and you will continue to do well. Remember, elightenment flows from the pupil as well as the master.

I used to hoard my ideas, but some time ago I realized that I was constantly refining the "wheel."

On this forum, unless you are in TX or CA, you probably are not in direct competition with agents who also post here.

Beyond that, by sharing ideas you can get feedback from others that might help you tweak what you are doing into the next version.

Selling is a process, not an event.

On this forum, unless you are in TX or CA, you probably are not in direct competition with agents who also post here.

Beyond that, by sharing ideas you can get feedback from others that might help you tweak what you are doing into the next version.

Selling is a process, not an event.

Well put, it's like brain storming with other successful people~

Good tips. Thank you for sharing some of you material. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

I suspect that 90% of what John has on his association site can be found on this website. It might be down to 80%. He's probably created some new stuff.

You could probably post 90% of your stuff on this forum and still get people here paying you for training.

I used to hoard my ideas, but some time ago I realized that I was constantly refining the "wheel." I'll share version 2.0 because I know that v3 is being incubated.

If your training program is potent now, what will it be like when you take it to the next level? Yes, there is another level, and it will boost sales even more. The answer may not yet be obvious to you, but it is there when you are ready to see it.

Feed you mind and you will continue to do well. Remember, elightenment flows from the pupil as well as the master.

I agree, just like this industry, it's ever evolving.
Thanks!

PS: What happened to your girlfriend, you trade her in for the chimp?

I always have my clients call the doctor they want in network and have them ask the office adman who files insurance claims if the plan we are looking at is in network......

Back