Sometimes It Seems to Just Fall into Your Lap

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
I don't usually order leads but I did order 20 TM leads from PeakLeadsUSA because they had a good sale going on. They have been a little slow coming in. So far I have only received 7 and I have called on two of them. On Friday, I knocked on the door of the first one, a well kept mobile home. The man came to the door and I asked if he was ...... He said , "No, he used to own this but he lives across the street now. I started to leave but first asked where he had his burial and life insurance. He replied, "We don't have any but we are looking to get some"... I just happened to have a few minutes to speak with him and his wife.. Small $5K plans for cremations.. $63 per month.. Then, went across the street to my lead.. $89 per month.

Yesterday, I listened to a couple of leads and one sounded very promising so I called on him about 5PM since he said he was still working pouring concrete. His wife wasn't there so I told I would come back today. Got there about 5:30 and they had just finished dinner. He had his mind made up he wanted 10K for himself so I quoted it on both. He said it was too high and proceeded to tell me of a conversation he had had with a telesales agent.. Poor man being ripped off by the rich, etc.. I just listened and nodded in agreement every now and then. Wife had an amused look on her face. Then suddenly, he wanted to know when it would go into effect. I explained that just as soon as the policy was issued and the first premium was paid, it be in effect.. He looked at the wife and asked what she thought.. She replied, "I don't think you will get it any cheaper with anybody else.. He left the table and disappeared, cam back in a few minutes and threw his checkbook on the table in front of me... I started taking the apps... $139 per month.. Almost $3500 in AP from two leads.. I may have to start making more than one call per day. :yes:

Almost $3500 in AP from two leads.. I may have to start making more than one call per day. :yes:

I hope to write $1000 every full day in the field average over time. Sounds like you can take the next 2.5 days off lol.

Congrats, Louis ... it sure does feel nice when you close some nice FE premium like that. I've not been doing this as long as you, but I can say I have had quite a few times where the prospect just sat there telling me how it was too much and he wasn't going to do it and I just smile and nod and eventually the prospect says something that convinces himself to do exactly what it was he was trying to convince himself not to do.

I love this business.

Congrats and thanks for sharing your stories.

I went to an appointment in Vicksburg, MS (I was field training an agent) and we pulled up to a nicer than average Final Expense home. I knocked on the door under the garage with no success, so we went to the front door (no FE client ever uses the front door). This sweet lady answered and said "come on in". When I walked in, there was a nice dining room table and she told us to sit down. She had her checkbook and driver license sitting in the spot she was going to sit. When we sat down, she said, "I know I need a $10,000 policy and not a penny more." I gave her the quotes and wrote it up.

When we left, I told the agent to not get excited and think it was always that easy! :)

That goes to show you though that any agent can make money if they will just go see each lead. On 20 DM leads, just about anyone can close 2-3 of them after going to every single door. The 2-3 applications ABOVE those 2-3 lay downs is what separates the ELITE from the struggling agents.

Great job Rouse! Keep it up!

I went to an appointment in Vicksburg, MS (I was field training an agent) and we pulled up to a nicer than average Final Expense home. I knocked on the door under the garage with no success, so we went to the front door (no FE client ever uses the front door). This sweet lady answered and said "come on in". When I walked in, there was a nice dining room table and she told us to sit down. She had her checkbook and driver license sitting in the spot she was going to sit. When we sat down, she said, "I know I need a $10,000 policy and not a penny more." I gave her the quotes and wrote it up.

When we left, I told the agent to not get excited and think it was always that easy! :)

That goes to show you though that any agent can make money if they will just go see each lead. On 20 DM leads, just about anyone can close 2-3 of them after going to every single door. The 2-3 applications ABOVE those 2-3 lay downs is what separates the ELITE from the struggling agents.

Something I have noticed is that so far the leads I have bought through Peak (this is my third order) have all been in "nicer homes than normal" for FE. My problem is the way I work (when the mood hits me :)), some of the leads get pushed aside until they are 3 or 4 weeks old. There are are some out of the first batch, I never have gotten to.. Oh well, they will probably still be prospects whenever I get there but I might have to actually work a little to get the sale. :rolleyes:

That goes to show you though that any agent can make money if they will just go see each lead. On 20 DM leads, just about anyone can close 2-3 of them after going to every single door.

I had a guy back in September made an 8 AM appointment. I arrived a minute or two early, knocked on his door and he opened it just about right away. We sat as his dining room table, he looked at me said "Look, I want a $10,000 policy and no chit chat. Let's get this done. I got the relevant details and wrote him a no phone interview carrier and I was in my car at 8:06 with an app and a $600 premium lol. I wish they were all like that!

Well said Ben.

My down fall with FE is i do group coverage too. Plus, i do some other items as well. It's hard to make the "leader board" doing several things at one time. However, i have been VERY successful overall. I could retire tomorrow. But i love what i'm doing.

My down fall with FE is i do group coverage too. Plus, i do some other items as well. It's hard to make the "leader board" doing several things at one time. However, i have been VERY successful overall. I could retire tomorrow. But i love what i'm doing.

What??? You do more than one thing and do it successfully? Say it isn't so! Hell must be freezing over or something! It is impossible to do this as many "uplines" on this board (who have never really tried to do more than one thing) will tell you.

Sarcasm intended :skeptical:

Back