Soon to be Accident, Life, and Health licensed in SC

RebelWithoutaClue

If you feel so inclined to offer your opinion, I would appreciate your doing so.

Should I jump into FE, Med Sups, or something else? The goal is to serve others, have fun, and make some money while I'm doing so. I find it hard to believe that I could effectively serve the needs of customers pushing only one carrier, so I need access to multiple carriers.

I have worked corporate jobs all of my working career and I hate the atmosphere.

I have lived in Southeast Michigan (Jackson, Washtenaw, & Livingston counties), Lake County Illinois, Johnson County Kansas, and now York County SC.

Positions I have held:
  • Quality Control
  • Medical device malfunction documentation
  • Medical claims collections for Home Health and Hospice services
Should I plan to license in all of the states I have lived?

Do I continue to listen to podcasts and watch YT videos until I'm able to purchase my own leads and make my own appointments, or do I search for a mentoring-type veteran that will provide leads and training for the same amount I would have paid on my own? It seems to me that whatever route I take, a certain cut of what I make will go to one or the other.

I'm not sold on face to face over telemarketing, or vice-versa. It sounds like they both have their merits.

Thanks

Up around Rock Hill? Great area for the senior market. That's near to Gaffney (home of the big butt that now finally looks like a peach), Spartanburg, etc where I did a ton of business.

If you need any advice I'll be glad to help. Give me a call at the number listed below in my signature.

Up around Rock Hill? Great area for the senior market. That's near to Gaffney (home of the big butt that now finally looks like a peach), Spartanburg, etc where I did a ton of business.

If you need any advice I'll be glad to help. Give me a call at the number listed below in my signature.
What's a signature? Sometimes those new to the Forum don't know.

As Todd said, it's a great area to get into either side. As an independent agent representing multiple carriers, you truly do work for the client.

SC is my home state and in Rock Hill / Fort Mill, there is a great opportunity no matter which route you take.

You could always start with one to get comfortable and pick up the other later. There are Pros and Cons to both. Another option, for example, start doing Medicare Supplements and pick up two or three really strong FE companies just to have when the opportunity arises. (or vice versa, of course).

If you truly love to help others you can't go wrong with either case. Your background in the Medical field could help tell a story to others possibly? Do you have a particular product that you like more than the other (or believe in)?

Back