Sources of Internet MediGap Leads

Alston

Guru
1000 Post Club
Does anyone know of a company that sells Internet-generated Medigap or long-term care leads?

I've sold auto and health leads to companies like NetQuote and iLeads. They of course, resell the leads to agents. However, I haven't been able to find a company that works with Medigap.

Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
I note that no one has posted a response for you on this and your other recent request that would be sufficient for your needs. I feel your pain. Very few have responded to my request also.

I can't help you with any other comment except to ask if you have tried a google search on "Medicare Internet Leads". I think you will get quite a few hits.

One of the reasons maybe that noone has posted -- I have never found a good one...
I find that the best lead source would be your local pharmacies in town...
get to know them -- bring them donuts in the morning and make friends..
thats where i get most of mine besides referrals -- also I know i have posted this before but i get some also from Medicare Supplement Insurance Service.. they are out of Georgia -- i signed up with them for a couple of companies and they provide me leads -- for Wyoming i get about 5 to 10 a week now -- and for this rural state its pretty good..

I must agree with Mary. If it existed I would only spend my days writing apps, wouldn't have to hardly prospect at all. Developing a network, the kind she it talking about, is a big added plus but you need more than that to make six figures in this business.

I have said this before and I'm sure a lot of you are tired of hearing it, but a "lead" is nothing more than a name, address, phone number and birth date of someone who filled out the card or the info on a website because it was there. I can almost guarantee you that a couple of days or a week later they won't even remember it.

Take anything you can get, "leads", lists, referrals and log them all into your computer and keep them and have them organized. Recycle them about every six months. Just because someone isn't ready to buy today doesn't mean that their situation isn't going to change in the next few months or next couple of years.

The guy/gal who is blissfully happy with their Med Supp today may get a big increase a year from now and will be tickled to death to hear from you. Even send a cab for you if you can give them a better deal.

Build a strong Prospects database and you won't have to worry about where your next leads are coming from.

Stay in touch with your clients by sending them birthday letters, information and just a genreal news letter, give them awesome service and you will get lots of referrals.

Buy lists and call the people. Build your own leads. It's a lot of work but no one said selling insurance was a "piece of cake". How do you think telemarketers get the "leads" they sell to people?

Great advice Frank...all you need is a name and phone number in this market. I have cut out paying for any leads at all...even though my last direct mail campaign brought me a 3% response. The bottom line is I was just getting those names and numbers...but I still had to call them. I also found that when I got lead responses back that I started limiting myself to calling those leads. I would call a lead 10 times until I finally gave up on nobody answering the call. Do that with 100 lead response cards and instead of calling 100 I could have called 1000 new people.

My hang up with cold calling has always been having a good reason to call. I could never bring myself to call and say, "I got this card you sent in" when they never sent in a card.

So here is my new technique.
Every Monday I am mailing out 250 custom made postcards advertising ME...with my toll free phone number on it. This alone should generate 8-10 sales per month. Then every Monday I will start calling those that I mailed to the previous week. I now have a reference point when calling..."Hey this is Kyle Henson...did you get the postcard I mailed you last week?" Yes. "I didn't get a call from you and I was just wondering why?"

Are you using the new method now?

Kyle - has the postcard idea worked for you? Or is this a future strategy. I do like it and have considered doing something like that for myself, so I'd be interested in your thoughts.:idea:

I have used postcards with success in the past...with about 1% response but almost 100% closing ratio on those. Calling after mailing postcards is something new I am trying but based on cold calling experience I known it will work well. My goal is 5 apps per week (I know I'm lazy) and this should be fairly easy to do with this approach.

So here is my new technique.
Every Monday I am mailing out 250 custom made postcards advertising ME...with my toll free phone number on it. This alone should generate 8-10 sales per month. Then every Monday I will start calling those that I mailed to the previous week. I now have a reference point when calling..."Hey this is Kyle Henson...did you get the postcard I mailed you last week?" Yes. "I didn't get a call from you and I was just wondering why?"

Awesome idea Kyle,

It is the best one I have heard since I sold my first Med Supp policy. I'm sure it is going to beat the hell out of paying $300 for a company to send out a card to 1,000 people that you may get as little as a 1.5% return on.

What I usually do is get the list of the people the company has mailed the cards to and then I call everyone on the list. I know they did receive the card so I can ask them about it. They aren't going to remember but at least I can use that as an opening.

I like your personal touch better. We are selling "us", not insurance. If they will buy "us" they will buy the used microwave in my trunk or any thing else I have. LOL

Thank you Frank...The best idea since...I won't ask when you sold your first policy. I know you are no spring chicken :D

Now my expectations are really high for this idea...we will see. John and the Insurance Guy dont know it but they helped design my card for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back