SPAM/ email marketing questions

one... maybe more. depends what the email is, what the content is, etc. You can get blacklisted very easily with certain providers.

There is no specific number of spam clicks that will get you blacklisted.

Dan

Any email can be labeled spam by the recipient. CAN-SPAM doesn't require people to opt-in before you email them, but it doesn't require you give them a working link to opt-out and that you make sure you don't email them again. Even if you have an opt-in list, or a double opt-in list, people can still hit the spam button in their email reader at any time.

Any email can be labeled spam by the recipient. CAN-SPAM doesn't require people to opt-in before you email them, but it doesn't require you give them a working link to opt-out and that you make sure you don't email them again. Even if you have an opt-in list, or a double opt-in list, people can still hit the spam button in their email reader at any time.

Are you certain that about that? It is my understanding that an opt-out link is required on email as in faxes. I may be wrong about that. Please clarify.

Sorry...that is a typo. I meant to say that CAN-SPAM does require a working opt-out link in the email.

It does not require that people opt-in prior to sending email to them, though, as long as the addresses you are sending to weren't obtained in a way that violates other parts of the regulation like harvesting email address from other websites, using dictionary attacks to guess email addresses, etc.

Sorry for the confusion.

for those that use email to contact new clients, do you have a set series of emails that you send out to those clients.

specifically, i am looking for a series of emails to send out to contacts.

any and all assistance is appreciated.

thanks
Yes, but its more complicated than you'd probably think. I weave in a system of tiers based on calls and email depending on what part of the sales process they are in. Goes like this

1. Lead enters system -> Immediate email -> Immediate call
2a - No answer -> Emails on day 1 3 5 7 10 30 50 100 150 300 - calls twice per week for 2 weeks (call on tuesday and thursday between 5 and 7 pm to home numbers, you avoid missing them on date nights and when they're out on dates with Jesus) Call Businesses at 7am to 9am, on Tuesday-Thursday. Don't call businesses first thing Monday morning, they typically don't care for it. Don't call to businesses on Friday either, unless you just really wanna get stood up on Monday when you go there in person. Sunday/Monday are your paperwork and advertising days. Don't just call at those times either, if you have free time do it then too, this is a minimum -> email every time call is not answered.
2b - They answer -> goes into qualified or bad or inactive stack
3 - Qualified stack -> Automatic thank you email on entry - process quote based on call info i noted down when I qualified the lead. Move to quoted stack and send quote via email.
4 - Quoted stack -> automatic email telling them to look in junk/spam to make sure quote isn't in there and asking them to let me know if they want to see anything different, call in 1 day. If they don't answer I call for a week. After call or one week they are moved back to qualified, to inactive, or I set appointment or take application. Then they are moved to policy in underwriting or active policy.
5 - Policy in underwriting -> automatic thank you note for purchase. Moved to active policy if underwriting success, move to qualified or inactive on underwriting fail.
6 - Active policy -> Automatic thank you and congratulations note. Quarterly newsletter or new product announcements when lines change. Birthday cards and christmas cards. (Still trying to find a good way to automatically generate those.)
7 - Inactive leads, bad leads, cancelled policies, ect -> Automatic email days 10, 30, 50, 150, 300 on a loop till they opt out.

Couple key pieces of advice. Make the emails LOOK like you just wrote them by hand. Just make them about things like how you've been trying to reach them, ect. They need to sound like you JUST wrote them, but be vague enough to not give away that they're automated. Duplicate your signature EXACTLY on your automated and non automated emails. I would guess you need to rewrite the looping ones in December every year when you're lacking anything to do just after Christmas, or anytime during the year when you're looking for something to do. People are going to respond at a higher rate when they believe that a human is going to all that trouble over them. My contact rate of internet leads averages around 70% following the system I outlined here. I have also considered working in a snail mail possibly on day 3 of non contacts, I found a way to auto-generate one for 99 cents, I'm just not convinced in my mind that it will produce results worth the 99 cents. If I thought it would make them call or buy something I'd probably send a singing telegram on day 3, but people that have ignored 2 phone calls and 3 emails already don't strike me as quick sales, I want them to believe they're being chased until they finally call me. Now, for the record I do not have any formal training to this whatsoever. This works in my area. Probably works anywhere, and with any product, because frankly you're slamming the piss out of their phone and email till they respond, and I've had someone go as far as to tell me that the amount of follow up I did was perfect and was the reason they went with me. I have no firm quantification of why I did the days, or timing of this, it was what I felt like was a good amount. I've never had someone complain that I emailed or called too much, and about 5 people of 150 have opted out before I spoke with them.

Number one piece of advise. Call the damn things the second you get them. I don't care if you're driving down the interstate or at your kids soccer game. It doesn't matter if you can quote them right then. You just need to introduce yourself before anyone else can, and sell yourself before anyone else gets the chance. If you call them while they're still sitting at their computer, your chance of selling is probably 10 times higher.(Yes, I made that statistic up I have no idea but it sounds accurate to my gut.) Its 75% selling yourself and 25% selling your product. Get the best product there is so you don't have to worry about losing customers to that, by all means, but convincing people you are on their side is 10 times more important.

If you like this system, by all means send me a check. :) Lol I'm kidding, although this is the culmination of like 3 months work for me, plus 2 months in testing of it now, and it works for me.

Now, everyone please rip this whole post to shreds and tell me how stupid I am. :)

Yeah, mine is odder than that I guess even, all the emails are canceled upon contact, they only even happen if the person doesn't answer the phone. If they tell me they aren't interested they're immediately thrown past all the prior to 10 day emails. The longer term ones loop too. So what you'd really be seeing is like 10 30 50 100 150 300 375 385 415 465 515 665 ect, till they opt out or contact me again. If they contact me again it cancels all the long term unless they're moved back into a long term contact queue of some sort. Hence, it takes a frigging flow chart to really explain simply. I personally also hate flow charts because I think people use them when they're not necessary all the time. I didn't make a nice one or anything, I drew this on the back of a bad printout from my printer when agencyiq added the capability to do most of this. I used to play computer based video games all the time, so triggered addon functions and macros are second nature to me. Don't have time anymore to do that, been WAY too busy with work.

Back