Spending Up to the Deductible on a Hi-F?

turkjey5

Expert
Am I understanding the deductible of a Hi-F correctly?
The max OOP for part B in a year would be $162 (same as plans all plans except C & F). $2000-$162=$1838 still to go and must be used on part A. Part A deductible is $1132 for one benefit pd. $1838-$1132=$706 still to go. So, I would have to have a hospitalization in another benefit pd to use that up.
In summary, if I stay out of the hospital I'm OOP max of $162. If I go to the hospital I would have to go twice to spend up to the deductible.
Is this right?

The max OOP for part B in a year would be $162 (same as plans all plans except C & F). $2000-$162=$1838 still to go and must be used on part A. Part A deductible is $1132 for one benefit pd. $1838-$1132=$706 still to go. So, I would have to have a hospitalization in another benefit pd to use that up.
In summary, if I stay out of the hospital I'm OOP max of $162. If I go to the hospital I would have to go twice to spend up to the deductible.
Is this right?

NO. First off, the Part B ded is $140. Second, it's part A and part B that goes towards the 2k not just part A.

Is this right?

No.

Part B has deductible (140/yr) and co-insurance (20%).
Part A deductible is $1,156 for hospital admission. Also Co-insurance of $144.50/day (21-100) for SNF.

Any and all of these would be payable by the insured of a Hi-F up to the limit. Then the Med Supp would pick it all up.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You pay what Medicare does not pay each year until your out-of-pocket expenses (total of your payments) equals the deductible.

You are basically the Insurance company until you are out of pocket $2,070/year.
[/FONT]

Back