Spine and Back Disorders Benefit

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a client asking about a "Spine and Back Disorders Benefit" in a Golden Rule Copay Select. It shows a $2,000 limit. Anyone know exactly how this works... I don't have a policy in front of me...

back.jpg

Also, that by no means implies that someone can use up chiro visits to get some fun back adjustments. It needs to be medically necessary.

I know this well. My wife threw her back out about 4 years ago - started going to the chiro after seeing her primary. The carrier paid for two...yes two visits then denied all others as not medically necessary.

In some states however, the state mandate provides for a much more extensive spine and back benefit than what is printed in the copay select plan..State law on back coverage sometimes trumps the 'normal' limitations of the plan.

Most individual plans have very limited coverage in this area, as almost everyone needs a back adjustment and ongoing treatment (according to them).

Also Josh if you client is "asking" that is a bad sign.

That will be a rider, rate up or decline - because if they are asking there is a reason. I hope they are not uninsured, that would be another big red flag.

Most individual plans have very limited coverage in this area, as almost everyone needs a back adjustment and ongoing treatment (according to them).

Also Josh if you client is "asking" that is a bad sign.

That will be a rider, rate up or decline - because if they are asking there is a reason. I hope they are not uninsured, that would be another big red flag.

Actually he called me while I was out and was asking how it worked... I wasn't sure of the exact wording so I thought someone here might have the info handy... He thought that there was a $2,000 limit on back surgery...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Actually he called me while I was out and was asking how it worked... I wasn't sure of the exact wording so I thought someone here might have the info handy... He thought that there was a $2,000 limit on back surgery...

PS... I have a client that needs a Medigap plan written down in Houston... you know anyone?

Last edited:
If you read what Sti posted it is pretty clear - however I will note OUTPATIENT being the key word.

If the back surgery was INPATIENT that statement should not apply as it is an outpatient limitation.

Is inpatient simply considered an overnight stay in a hospital after a surgery? Call me stupid - here it comes.

Latest posts

Back