Spotting Secret Shoppers

Klutch

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm opening an office soon. I expect to have a lot of walk ins for MA this OE season.

What are some give aways the person is a secret shopper? What are questions I can ask to determine this?

You should not be worrying about secret shoppers, do your checklist when speaking with folks and you'll be just fine.
Would you treat someone differently if you "new" they were a secret shopper?

I'm opening an office soon. I expect to have a lot of walk ins for MA this OE season. What are some give aways the person is a secret shopper? What are questions I can ask to determine this?

First, you don't get all that many walk ins.

Second, secret shoppers actually call and set an appointment so that you have to mail them a scope. That's part of what they're checking for.

Third, if you get a walk in you can do an instant scope and be compliant.

Fourth, secret shoppers shouldn't scare you if you are doing things right. Other than they waste your time.

I'm opening an office soon. I expect to have a lot of walk ins for MA this OE season. What are some give aways the person is a secret shopper? What are questions I can ask to determine this?

I love the optimism but I have maybe 2 walk ins a year and I manage a book of over 700. Good luck

Black hooded sweatshirt and dark glasses, usually wearing Air Jordans with the shoelaces untied.

Actually secret shoppers are very easy to spot. Not how they look but the questions they ask. They don't ask normal stuff.

1. They always are persistent at trying to get you to say one plan is "the best".

2. They ask how you get paid. Some agents try to hide that they make a commission I guess.

3. They are just like real bad actors in general.

4. They will act like they don't understand any of it and just want you to select the "best one" for them. This is after they have asked more detailed questions than most people do.

Black hooded sweatshirt and dark glasses, usually wearing Air Jordans with the shoelaces untied.

and you better not flinch when they make sudden movement into sweatshirt like they are about to pull something out otherwise you will be ostracized

Back